Float level adjustment

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oz1961

Reaction score
Hey guys
Thanks always for your help

I have rebuilt all my carbs and read the manual for checking the float levels

which requires removing the carbs and adjusting if not correct

my question is
Is there a way to set the float levels prior to fitting them back on the bike?

thanks again

I use a digital caliper to get them all at 1.125" between the inner float bowl to top of float. Wet level always checks to 17 mm which is the leanest you want to go. I'm sure @dannymax could tell us about his ingenious self-made tool. Right Dan-o? Hehe.

I use a digital caliper to get them all at 1.125" between the inner float bowl to top of float
You could use a notched piece of whatever you wanted, as a sort-of 'fits this distance' gauge so it's easy to slap that sucker up, and pry the float tang until you have the distance you need. Kind-of what I use when lobster diving here in FL.

Hey, that's the 'dannymax' method! ;)

I believe he's also corrected for temperature variations, using a 'wet-bulb' measurement, for material expansion/contraction, and ozone levels.

I made a gauge from a piece of hard plastic (part of a tree from a scale model kit) and cut it to help me set my floats at 1.115". It might be partially luck but by doing it this way I have never had to pull it back apart to readjust a float.

I live at 4000' and I almost never go any lower than that, so keeping this on the leaner end of the spectrum has proven the right move in my case.

Latest posts

Back