Float need seat... Carb pissing fuel through over flow

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon Young

Reaction score
Hi guys just rebuilt a set of carbs all went well apart from the fact the left side rear is pissing out fuel from over flow... Changed needles for a new on no dice still pissing fuel out I'm gunna pull them off again and clean the inside of the needle housing and see if i can get her to seal has anyone managed to remove needle housing from the carb for replacement or am I better using autosol or toothpaste to just clean out the housing???

I suspect a Q-tip with some toothpaste (not gel-type) or valve-lapping compound could clean that up.

You did a dry set/adjustment of the float levels, yes?

VMax FloatLevel bowl off.jpg

Last edited:
have you fitted the needle valve correctly, I. E. The float tab sits in the gap between the bottom of the needle valve and the mysterious wire.

These needle valves are viton tipped, a type of rubber as opposed to brass as used on older carbs so should seal easierbe able being more pliable.

Check the seat for debris, a tiny amount of abrasive, toothpaste on the tip of an old needle spun round should clean the base.

Also check the carb for dame/cracks.

I have seen replacement housing for sale and they can be removed, it may help to heat up the body by placing in boiling water or blow torch but would require all rubber and plastic parts to be removed nerar but, or just being very careful to keep the heat at the base of the house using a small gas torch (soldering torch)

Hi guys will try toothpaste trick and maybe leaping compound... Question went to sync carbs and the Idle settles and then goes jumpy when warm any thoughts??

In my experience carbs out of synch and poorly-sealed will do that. Check with some starting fluid around the carb connections for leaks, the revs pick-up when the leaky area is sprayed.

Hi guys cheers for your messages had carbs off check number two carb float was not moving properly and was given wrong float heights so thankyou Fire-medic for youre pic all set to the picture so thanks I will post a message later when there back on the bike and I've turn her over

Back