float needle housing replacement

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hellboy

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've removed my carbs and rebuilding and cleaning. In my rebuild kit, the float needle comes with a new brass housing as well but I don't see how to get the old one out??? It looks like it pushes down in from the top but it is capped off. Should I remove and replace or just use the new needle with the old housing?

Thanks, Matt

Hi Guys,

I've removed my carbs and rebuilding and cleaning. In my rebuild kit, the float needle comes with a new brass housing as well but I don't see how to get the old one out??? It looks like it pushes down in from the top but it is capped off. Should I remove and replace or just use the new needle with the old housing?

Thanks, Matt

I'd recommend leaving it....the needle tip is rubber and the seat is brass, not an area where wear would normally occur. Use some toothpaste on a Q-tip to shine the seat up.

If the kit you're using is a Keyster, there's a good chance the seat OD will not match the carb body....maybe too big, maybe too small.....either way you end up with more problems than you started with.

Back