Float needles

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundguy

Reaction score
Hi guys, if the float needle ( float stop, no sure the name, but the little piece that is attached to the float for setting fuel level)...... Anyway, if they are worn , will they allow a little fuel past which might cause a small backfire when you turn the ignition on?:ummm:

While the bike has been parked overnight/sitting for some time the fuel inlet valves generally will not cause seepage into the engine due to the fuel pump is off and not adding pressure to each fuel bowl. My experience with this same type of startup issue after the bike has been sitting for some time has been due to one or more of the air/fuel mixture screws are set greater then 3-1/2 turns out thus allowing some seepage while sitting. My thoughts on this condition is due to the loss of surface tension around the air/fuel mixture screw needle allows a slow seepage into the intake manifold. Other possible cause is if you have a dated TCI box 1985~1990 they have tendency to cause a pop while turning on the key with the run button in the on position. hope this is some help.

While the bike has been parked overnight/sitting for some time the fuel inlet valves generally will not cause seepage into the engine due to the fuel pump is off and not adding pressure to each fuel bowl. My experience with this same type of startup issue after the bike has been sitting for some time has been due to one or more of the air/fuel mixture screws are set greater then 3-1/2 turns out thus allowing some seepage while sitting. My thoughts on this condition is due to the loss of surface tension around the air/fuel mixture screw needle allows a slow seepage into the intake manifold. Other possible cause is if you have a dated TCI box 1985~1990 they have tendency to cause a pop while turning on the key with the run button in the on position. hope this is some help.

Many thx, mines a 89. So maybe the box. The mixture screws are 3.5 but it was doing it before. :clapping:
Thx again.

I have noticed the same pop occasionally on both bikes, one an 85 the other is a 04. The ignitor box seems to fire once when the ignition is switched on, but I don't know if it is all four wires that fire or just one. If there is any unburnt gases in the cylinder and the exhaust valve or intake is open you might get a slight sneeze or slight pop from the exhaust.

I have noticed the same pop occasionally on both bikes, one an 85 the other is a 04. The ignitor box seems to fire once when the ignition is switched on, but I don't know if it is all four wires that fire or just one. If there is any unburnt gases in the cylinder and the exhaust valve or intake is open you might get a slight sneeze or slight pop from the exhaust.

Thx:punk:

Latest posts

Back