Flywheel bolt size

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barrmust1

Reaction score
Anyone know the bolt thread size for the holes in the flywheel? The unused ones so I can attach my puller.

Russ

A puller... Sure you got all the bolts out?

Yes a puller for sure. That flywheel is on there. Dynamite or C4 is needed sometimes.
biglaugh.gif

i'd recommend a jaw puller. unless you're sure you have a stout crowfoot. i think morley rents one out.

I've always used a jaw puller. Never had any issues with it. Have to be careful to not set up in the "timing tits/bumps".

A good quality impact is the ticket as well.

I've always used a jaw puller. Never had any issues with it. Have to be careful to not set up in the "timing tits/bumps".

A good quality impact is the ticket as well.

yea, the size matters too. i tried with the one on the far left, it wasn't big enough, and i ended up getting the biggest (on the right) and it was a bit too big so i'd recommend one that was the size of the left with longer jaws (center). if my memory serves me:

http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp...ce3=undefined&numberOfProducts=3&categoryId=2

the HF 1/2" electric impact is actually outstanding here. i've used it a few times for other bike things and it works very well.. ymmv, fwiw

See the Morley Muscle flywheel removal video. Never cuss again! Well, not when pulling your flywheel off!

I need the same and a simple search brought me here. I have a good harmonic balancer puller just need the extended bolt size. This site is amazing for all the info available especialy since i'm only a novice wrench.

Latest posts

Back