Flywheel Bolt

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Going to change the starter clutch, have read a lot of posts, looked at Sean's videos, Great info from everyone.
Just one question regarding removing the flywheel bolt:
I have a 1/2 impact that I would like to use to remove the bolt, Is this ok? and does rear brake pedal need to be pushed down to keep the tire from spinning when using the impact?

THanks

With an impact driver probably no.
You should be able to undo it with a spanner on the larger hex to stop the flywheel turning and a socket on the bolt.

Thanks everyone, was able to remove flywheel, starter clutch parts are on backorder, fyi. The manual states 94ft pounds of torque for flywheel bolt, is that too much. The only reason I ask is the spec for the rear axel nut is like 80lbs, I usually put that at 45lbs....

I don't know that it needs that much lol. I do have new OEM starter clutch's on hand usually but I won't be as cheap as only discount retailers.

Just wanted to say thanks for the info and people on this site, Starter clutch replaced, sounds much better, it was not a castrophic failure, I believe the springs were getting weak, cause the marble sound only when the bike was hot, but didn't happen all the time. Thanks again everyone.

Back