• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Flywheel, pick up, wiring harn, 90-07

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
converting a 85 to newer ign need just these compon so anyone with a 90-07 parts bike message me [email protected]
That's a lot of work. And the kick stand switch comes to mind as needing to be changed, there might be more too. Why not get an Ignatech ECU which works with the stuff you already have? And, it gives you a lot of features the newer
OEM doesn't have. I really like the rev limiter. But that's only one of many features.

I have a flywheel but am out of wiring harness the pickup can be bought aftermarket. I am not sure what an ignatech cost now but all these parts might end up close to the price of one flywheels are not even that cheap used unless you just happen to find d a deal on one.

I have a flywheel but am out of wiring harness the pickup can be bought aftermarket. I am not sure what an ignatech cost now but all these parts might end up close to the price of one flywheels are not even that cheap used unless you just happen to find d a deal on one.
I think I have the flywheel and pickup but not cheap parts. If I remember, last new pick up cost me $300 or thereabouts.

Hey Medic, how are doing brother ! Is that place a good source for factory Yamaha parts ? I am always looking for a cheaper alternative like Boats.net has been. Looks like some assembly required for this one but if it works and lasts, I’m willing to give it a try. Cannot remember looking at any factory microfiche parts prices in forever. Used to have Babbitts or somebody's on my home screen.
I responded to a few parts requests here and no one has the courtesy to email or post back. Not the same group it once was.

They specialize in electrical things: R/R's, stators, ignition pick-ups, and I see they have added some small stuff. Not a Yamaha dealer.

I usually order from ronayresmororsports.net and I'll check pricing with another site on a big item. However, Ron Ayres Yamaha has provided me with reliable service for many years.

Putting out parts availability helps us all, you won't sell anything unless you advertise it, and of course, prices are an issue for most of us. That said, I will go with someone with-whom I've done business before, like Sean Morley or CaptainKyle, because they give you a fair shake on pricing, and you can rely upon their assessment of used pieces.

People come and people go, as bikes are bought/sold. There are people doing things like the Gen 1 f.i. project which is of interest to many people. You just have to stay the course.

I do have pretty much all the parts EXCEPT the flywheel lol. Anyone with 90-07 flywheels that would sell them (for the right price) i would be interested. Email me at [email protected]

converting a 85 to newer ign need just these compon so anyone with a 90-07 parts bike message me [email protected]
I purchased a salvage engine advertised as 98, my bike is 96. The serial number on the purchased engine shows made for CA 87-94. What would I need to get this working in my bike? I saw on a YouTube video that the flywheel off the 96 will not bolt to the earlier model. Perhaps I have what you need and vice versa.

I purchased a salvage engine advertised as 98, my bike is 96. The serial number on the purchased engine shows made for CA 87-94. What would I need to get this working in my bike? I saw on a YouTube video that the flywheel off the 96 will not bolt to the earlier model. Perhaps I have what you need and vice versa.
Flywheels from 90 to 07 are all the same

That's a lot of work. And the kick stand switch comes to mind as needing to be changed, there might be more too. Why not get an Ignatech ECU which works with the stuff you already have? And, it gives you a lot of features the newer
OEM doesn't have. I really like the rev limiter. But that's only one of many features.
i just ordered the ignitech box and they were great adjusted the box for my vboost and for my cop's $213

Yes they will accept it
I need some more direction, please. I installed the flywheel and stator cover from my 96 engine onto the older model CA engine. The carb set is also from the 96. When I start the engine it revs on the choke but stumbles as I idle down on the choke setting. I get blow back through the various carbs intermittently. I pulled the slides and sent carb cleaner and low pressure air through the ports from the side and top. Before the swap I didn't have any carb issues. Until the compression dropped on the 96 everything ran fine. Is there a timing difference possible in the change over from older and newer ignition system? Perhaps a jetting difference. I saw that mentioned on the forum. I would appreciate any comments. I wasn't sure about the routing of the front plug wires, but found on the forum that they cross, left coil to right plug. The engine dies if the throttle is opened.

If it's starting at all the likelihood of you doing something wrong with the flywheel swap is pretty low. Nothing different on any of the covers for 85-07. The pickup changes bolt to either cover (85-89 is dual vs 90-07 single).

Are you testing with the airbox in place? If not you need to have that for it to rev properly.

Back