Flywheel puller

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmoffat

Reaction score
Hi,
So I've decided its time to tackle the can of bolts problem which has started to present itself on my 92 Max with 18k on the clock by pulling the flywheel and retightening, lockseal and peen the starter clutch bolts. The bike is only able to be started now by cracking the throttle during start.

I've read the posts and it seems the hardest part to this fix is pulling the flywheel but this can be made very easy with a good puller.

Thus my question is does anyone know of a decent puller that will do the job without breaking from a place that would do shipping to Australia? Or does anyone have a decent puller that they are willing to lend me for a couple of weeks, I'd be happy to pay for the shipping to/from Australia?

I'm going to try and tackle this job in a few weeks when I get back from some work travel.

Cheers,
Luke

I think a member here, Jedi (but not active recently) who lives in NZ was making them or at least made one for himself specifically for pulling the Vmax flywheel. You might try contacting him.

Luke,

Here's a good one (link) PCW Racing and I'm sure John wouldn't mind shipping one to you.

flywheel_puller03.jpg

Latest posts

Back