Folks in SE Texas

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, same here. I heard last night how much rain people have gotten, and could POTENTIALLY get over the next couple of days.

My thoughts are with everyone. My moms house had 8 inches in it last night. It has receded to about 4 now but the rain is coming down hard again. It is not in my other 2 brothers house yet but there garages are flooded and not far from the house's

Yep, same here. I heard last night how much rain people have gotten, and could POTENTIALLY get over the next couple of days.

Same here. I heard several feet in some places. Sadly, many people are going to be flooded out and lose everything.

My thoughts are with you.

The 1st & 3rd picture are of the Ford dealer about 10 miles from my Moms house the 2nd picture is also about 10 miles away. I have tons of friends that live in this area . It is still raining & not supposed to let up much until Thursday. It kills me looking at all this from TN. I will probably try & go home next week when the water is down & Help my Mom & who ever else I can.

Attachments

• mcree ford 2.jpg
    mcree ford 2.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Texas flood.jpg
    Texas flood.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 17
  • mcree ford.jpg
    mcree ford.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 18
The 1st & 3rd picture are of the Ford dealer about 10 miles from my Moms house the 2nd picture is also about 10 miles away. I have tons of friends that live in this area . It is still raining & not supposed to let up much until Thursday. It kills me looking at all this from TN. I will probably try & go home next week when the water is down & Help my Mom & who ever else I can.

I'm sure they'll be very glad to see you Kyle.....the clean-up is gonna be a bitch! :bang head:

As someone who went through Katrina I can tell you first hand the help people send is very much welcomed and appreciated. I shipped out some stuff yesterday. MREs(these were a godsend for my family during Katrina), hand sanitizer, and some blankets. There's a church taking supplies for anyone interested:

Bay Area Church, 4800 W Main St, League City, TX 77573.

Hope everyone stays safe.

As someone who went through Katrina I can tell you first hand the help people send is very much welcomed and appreciated. I shipped out some stuff yesterday. MREs(these were a godsend for my family during Katrina), hand sanitizer, and some blankets. There's a church taking supplies for anyone interested:

Bay Area Church, 4800 W Main St, League City, TX 77573.

Hope everyone stays safe.

Thanks ! I went thru Katrina to and was also their after Ike. I was in this adea most of my life. I think half the people I know have lost almost everything.

I'm sure they'll be very glad to see you Kyle.....the clean-up is gonna be a bitch! :bang head:

Yes cleanup is going to be terrible ! I sure hope I can make it back to help ! I dont really have the cash to go home but will figure something out if they really need me. I am just talking with my family and friends right now and playing it by ear kind of need to wait on the water to go down before they can determine a whole lot.

+1 on prayers to all effected. My daughter just moved from there a few weeks ago. Friends there swam to safety from their home. God Speed on the clean up Kyle.

X2 what everyone has mentioned. A very good friend of mines daughter lives just out side of Huston and she's an RN.
She was told she will not be going home any time soon.
This was on Saturday.
She is supposed to come up by her dad in NJ this weekend but I don't think it's going to happen.

As far as clean up goes, I've helped very good friends of mine quite often as they live in a flood zone.
We all just pitch in and do what has to be done then move on to the next house.
They haven't been flooded in 5yrs now. Irene was the last one that got them...but up to and including Irene They were flooded 5 times in 4 years.
Sucks.
Thoughts and prayers for you guys in the gulf.

Thanks ! I went thru Katrina to and was also their after Ike. I was in this adea most of my life. I think half the people I know have lost almost everything.

The flooding has been jaw dropping to observe from here. One guy I work with is from that area and he's been stranded/seperated from his wife who is down there dealing with it. He can't really get to her and she cant leave. Stressing them both out.

I know it's going to be devastating for so many people in that area for a long time to come. Not only dealing with the loss, but there it's also this psychological toll it takes on you day after day when rebuilding and seeing the devastation of the area all around you. Landmarks you've know for years gone. Very common to fall into depression as you're trying to get back to normalcy. Houston was a safe haven for people in Louisiana needing shelter from Katrina. I know Louisianans haven't forgotten that and are there to help out in any way they can.

Prayers and best wishes for you and yours and everyone else down there.

The flooding has been jaw dropping to observe from here. One guy I work with is from that area and he's been stranded/seperated from his wife who is down there dealing with it. He can't really get to her and she cant leave. Stressing them both out.

I know it's going to be devastating for so many people in that area for a long time to come. Not only dealing with the loss, but there it's also this psychological toll it takes on you day after day when rebuilding and seeing the devastation of the area all around you. Landmarks you've know for years gone. Very common to fall into depression as you're trying to get back to normalcy. Houston was a safe haven for people in Louisiana needing shelter from Katrina. I know Louisianans haven't forgotten that and are there to help out in any way they can.

Prayers and best wishes for you and yours and everyone else down there.

Thanks ! Not sure what area your friends wife is in. I have friends down in the Dickinson & Santa Fe area using there personal boats that are helping rescue people. If he needs anything let me know & I will see what I can do.

I'm glad everyone is okay. Clean up will suck but its better than some of the other things that could have happened. My prayers are with you and your family. Good luck getting down there.

One of my coworkers is moving to somewhere S of Corpus Christie in 3 weeks.
Both her and husband have always lived here in the U.P. where the worst weather we have to deal with is heavy snow, much better than what is going on in the Houston area ATM. The gulf coast is a beautiful area to live but it has some weather that is not only destructive but also life threatening.
Thoughts and prayers go out to all affected by this disastrous storm.

Man, it just keeps getting worse & worse....chemical plant explosions, reservoir levee breaches, pumps failing at both of Beaumont's two fresh water reservoirs....and the rivers aren't expected to crest until Saturday!

I keep thinking about the words of a storm chaser that CNN got on the phone a day or so before Harvey made landfall.....he said "I've got a bad feeling about this storm"!

He couldn't have been more right!

Back