Footpeg Rubber Replacement

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuvmyV

Reaction score
85 with 42K. Have replacement rubber for the footpegs but having a hard time getting them to slip on. tried to use wintergreen to soften the rubber with no success. any tips or trick out there? Thanks in advance.

Mine were tight also, I just sprayed some water (or spit) on it, and they slid right on. Maybe try WD-40? It'll soften it up/lubricate it.

The 1985 max's had square pegs. The rubber slides over sqaure tubing and has a metal plate that slides over the back of it to cover up the inside part of the rubber.

Didn't know that thanks for putting me right.

I have been told that for handlebar rubbers hair spry does the job and may be suitable?

Didn't know that thanks for putting me right.

I have been told that for handlebar rubbers hair spry does the job and may be suitable?

Hairspray does work very well for handlebar grips. I have a can of aquanet sitting on the shelf in the garage just for that very purpose.

Aquanet is also the best fuel for tater lauchers

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

+1
Lol.. I have it in the garage for both! It’s been a while since the tater launcher got used tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aquanet is also the best fuel for tater lauchers

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

LOL, VERY flammable.....but DONT know what your talking about...:whistlin:

That's his excuse and he is sticking to it!

LOL, atleast others use it as well....

+1
Lol.. I have it in the garage for both! It’s been a while since the tater launcher got used tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont have one anymore......LOL

Back