• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For sale 1988 V max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandyatBBY

Reaction score
I am posting my 1988 V max For sale It has 39000 mi faded candy red tank and fenders Starts and runs still needs a little tuning. Clutch slave was rebuilt. Brakes work fine. lights work good full fuel system cleaned. Corbin seat, small visor. tires good used 6 years old. It has all new hoses, oil and antifreeze. When I did a compression test they were with in 20% of each other. The exaust was up graded to a four in to one and rejetted to match. I still have all parts in shop. I was in a E Bike accident and just had rotator cuff surgery I am 70 years old and can not ride in future. On Non Op California licence contact Randy In Walnut creek Ca. call 925 209 9572 $2500.00

when I got it two or three years ago

Now

Last edited:
I hope your recovery goes-well.

Could be an easy project for someone. How is second gear, if you get into VBoost? Does it jump-out of gear? That's probably the #1 problem with a used bike w/miles, that, and the idle jets/carburetors need a thorough cleaning, and maybe some gas tank cleaning and sealing, because of rust.

I hope your recovery goes-well.

Could be an easy project for someone. How is second gear, if you get into VBoost? Does it jump-out of gear? That's probably the #1 problem with a used bike w/miles, that, and the idle jets/carburetors need a thorough cleaning, and maybe some gas tank cleaning and sealing, because of rust.

Thank you I am recovering well , just slowly.

I got the VMax from a good friend, the only thing he said that needed repair. Besides what I have done to it. Is the bearing in drive shaft will need replacement soon. I have not rode it, just worked on it He would have told me if it had any other problems.

Last edited:
Back