• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For the garage

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The link just goes to an ATT internet home page for me and doesn't open to any particular video, so I went to HFT and searched for 'motorcycle roller stand,' but got nothing exactly matching. On the basis of the named price, this is the match: http://www.harborfreight.com/low-profile-motorcycle-dolly-95896.html
image_11960.jpg

1250 Lb Capacity Low Profile Motorcycle Dolly
HaulMasterAutomotive.gif

Haul-Master - item#95896

3.7 Rating out of 5

Read 257 Reviews

Is this what you saw?

OK, I finally was able to find the video, it's doing the same function as the HFT bike stand but the GMT roller stand is priced at $350! ANd, it's only riding on the rear tire and the sidestand. So what 'blackmax' is saying, is that the HFT two wheel stand I pictured does the same thing & for much-less $$.
th

This is the one from the video.

As Fire-medic pointed out: The one in the video leaves the front tire on the ground. Harbor Freight's model put both tires and the kickstand off the floor for one third the price.

I had a friend in los angeles whos bike was facing the back wall of his garage.
He grabs the handlebars on his gsxr 1100 and says "When you going to learn to do this move" and leans the bike on just the kickstand-both tires off the ground and does a perfect 180.

When I apprenticed at Timken Steel back in the 80's, one of the Millwrights had a pneumatic cylinder sunk vertically into his garage floor with a six-inch wide piece of channel on a Timken tapered roller bearing. Don't recall the clamping system, but he could ride in, set the height anywhere from zero to five feet in the air for maintenance and spin his Triumph 360 degrees. Mostly he used it for a 180 degree rotation. The drawback is you need the space to swing it.

It's difficult to get permission for a below-grade hydraulic post now, thanks to the EPA and prior leaking cylinders contaminating the aquifer. Now you see the two or four-post above-grade lifts for vehicles.

Either one of these is a good idea. One is much-cheaper of course.

As to the spinning sidestand maneuver, I just don't think I trust the metallurgy that much to do that myself. I've tried it just to see how easy it is, but it would be a 'last-resort' maneuver rather than a daily-showboat stunt. Think how-much weight you're putting onto your frame/sidestand point of attachment, especially if it's a non-ferrous metal frame.

Back