Ford factory drag car 427 Fairlane

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two cars after my very own heart, what an amazing score, especially an R code. I am reminded of passing on a 69 Torino Talladega because I couldnt come up with $300 more bucks. It was when min wage was $3.25 and I had no clue of it's value until years later. It was trashed but rust free and the block/heads were in the trunk. Best for the car that I didnt get it then, I hope it found a good home.

Ive never been so lucky as this guy in the story. Thats awesome when such cars end up in the right hands.

I had a chance to buy a Talladega before the internet, cheap-enough, not running, but there. I didn't buy it because I didn't have a garage, and I wouldn't want to see it rot apart in the Florida weather.

At the time I had a true "Smokey & the Bandit" 1977 K-code Pontiac Trans Am WS-6, Hurst T-Hatches, a one-owner car, and that was a good consolation. I kept that car for probably 12 years before I sold it. It was a daily-driver. My Fox-body Mustang GT was more-fun to drive, but that 400 Pontiac got more-attention than any vehicle I've ever-owned.

Whats more of a good time car than that TA, the shaker and the bird, its iconic. Every time I see one of those I can also see Sally Field's ass, she had quite the caboose back in the day of Smokey/Bandit. Its almost like a Pavlovian response.

The Fox body has always been light and fun. Modifiable in any number of ways with lots of aftermarket support. Particularly fond of some of the Fox Fairmont/Futura/Tbird sleepers Ive noticed. I sported a pretty stock Zephyr Z7 302 for awhile, blk on red. Actually not to shabby for a stock-ish car and I liked it. I had more plans for it than money. I was inspired by watching others bolt mustang goodies right on and making pretty decent sleepers. I was maybe 17 when I picked that up. I grew up bleeding blue.

I loved my 79 T/A 400-4Speed Car (had an 80 Turbo pace car as well). Parted out another 79 (hardtop auto car) and an 81 Turbo that had been hit hard in the side. Still got a lot of those parts left around here.

That T/A had a ton of chassis parts I had installed along with some engine work. Ran strong and handled awesome. I had a NOS 5 color bird that needed reinstalled but never got around to it before I sold the car and paid for the concrete of my new shed with it.

Attachments

• Image (14).jpg
    Image (14).jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Image (13).jpg
    Image (13).jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Image (12).jpg
    Image (12).jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 12
  • GroupPhoto.jpg
    GroupPhoto.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 11
I loved my 79 T/A 400-4Speed Car (had an 80 Turbo pace car as well). Parted out another 79 (hardtop auto car) and an 81 Turbo that had been hit hard in the side. Still got a lot of those parts left around here.

That T/A had a ton of chassis parts I had installed along with some engine work. Ran strong and handled awesome. I had a NOS 5 color bird that needed reinstalled but never got around to it before I sold the car and paid for the concrete of my new shed with it.
Isn't there a Foxworthy joke: If you've ever mowed your lawn and found a car...you might be a...car guy, haha.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Back