fork brace really worth it??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donnelly317

Reaction score
Before I spend the 60 bucks I was wondering if the fork brace is REALLY actually worth the money and does what it says... I figured if im spending the money to get a bunch of stuff anodized including stock fork brace I might as well buy the COO one and get it anodized instead

IMO, no. Order would be first frame braces them solid mounts. Again, IMO.

Same as the frame braces I guess. Depends on the type of riding you do if you are hammering through the turns hard on throttle or racing the bike may be worth it . If you are like myself & put huge miles & touring every year & not racing I would say its not worth it. They look nice not cheap (frame braces that is you can buy new fork brace 60.00 shipped I think) Depends on what you want to spend I guess. JMHO
Then again I'm just a northern mountain man lol

Yea I already got solid motor mounts so from what I got is frame brace isnt worth it with solid motor mounts. And with getting my 17 rims on I was wondering if there would be any difference.. didnt really want to spend the money but if it was worth it now would be the time to do it....

I have the stock and the Superbrace units. I had them both chromed and after using both, went with the stock as it looks better. Couldn't tell any difference. I do have the radials and Race Tech springs and emulators. Don't know if that affects the feel of the braces. :confused2:

Yea i have progressive springs... and 05 forks with the new rims and tires ill be having on her it sounds like she aint worth it for actual use but just looks

The first handling improvement I did to my bike was adding a fork brace. I still had stock springs up front at the time and I could definitely notice a difference. It wasn't a huge difference but noticeable on hard turns and large bumps. Better feedback from the road. I have Race Tech springs w/ emulators now which really dialed in the front and tightened things up so I'm not sure if the improvement from the fork braces would be felt as much now. Just my two cents.

When I blasted my std fork brace one corner fell off, and it had 2 more cracks in it!
It was stuffed.

Based on that, I can say that the fork brace is doing some work for sure, and that the std one isn't up to the task really. How much difference it makes, I don't know. Mine won't crack again though! Superbrace is much stronger. :eusa_dance:

I bought the billet brace a few years ago from the VMOA store. It's the one Python sells. It fit a lot tighter than the OEM brace. Like always, I did other mods at the same time. So, I can't really say if there's a big difference or not with only the brace.
Steve-o

The first handling improvement I did to my bike was adding a fork brace. I still had stock springs up front at the time and I could definitely notice a difference. It wasn't a huge difference but noticeable on hard turns and large bumps. Better feedback from the road. I have Race Tech springs w/ emulators now which really dialed in the front and tightened things up so I'm not sure if the improvement from the fork braces would be felt as much now. Just my two cents.

It was the same for me....I had a wobble on a hard right turn....the brace took care of it. Had no other suspension mods at the time.

Smaller 40 mm stock forks on the Gen I + 1

Larger 43 mm stock forks on the Gen I + 1/2

The more you add to & improve the forks , springs , emulators , fork oil , etc. , the less improvement I noticed , but it still looked great and I wasn't going to remove it. :punk: USD Forks settled the issue for good .

It was the same for me....I had a wobble on a hard right turn....the brace took care of it. Had no other suspension mods at the time.

I had a HUGE wobble on my '86 in high speed turns - anything over 75mph and a slightly rough surface would send it wallowing all over the place. Some of the people I rode with in Tennessee owuld remember lol..

And that was with Prog springs, Intiminators, Prog 440 rear shocks, and the beefiest billet fork brace I'd ever seen. You can just about see it in the picture.

Solid Motor Mounts, however, did make a difference, later on.

Attachments

• P1030430.jpg
    P1030430.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 27
I think I will just wait on it.. maybe down the road but for right now with everything im doing that $60 can be better spent else where

If it is the frame braces, that is a smoking deal. I would buy in a heartbeat. Probably gone already.

Attachments

• vmax12.jpg
    vmax12.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Back