Fork interchangeability

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mac Max

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will the early style triple clamps accommodate the larger diameter 93 and up first gen forks and will the early dual piston calipers bolt to the lower fork legs and still align properly with the rotors? I would like to upgrade my forks yet retain my powder coated clamps and current front wheel. Anyone have any experience with this?

As far as I know you can keep the front wheel but require 93+ yokes and legs.

You need to consider why you want to make the change e.g. improved suspension performance or better brakes or both?

If it is the handling then you may be better to fit Racetech springs and Gold emulators; properly set up probably more than good enough for most of us.
If you went the later forks route better springs and damping would still be required (IMO).

I don't have any information on brake improvements for the pre 93 but I'm sure others may offer suggestions.

If it's handling and braking then it's a no brainer - go for the later forks and sell the powder coated yokes.

MaxMidnight:
"As far as I know you can keep the front wheel but require 93+ yokes and legs."

Yes.

HH pads on your OEM forks, & stainless steel brake lines can help if you keep your '85-'92 front end.

We have braking upgrades to make the 85-92 forks far better then what the 93-07 4 pistons are able to provide.

email me at [email protected] but here's some preview pics. 298mm and 320mm rotor size options with 6 piston Hayabusa calipers.

Attachments

• 85-92 298mm Busa Adapters Closeup.jpg
    85-92 298mm Busa Adapters Closeup.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20170813_170648.jpg
    20170813_170648.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 1
  • Red Hayabusa Conversion 2.JPG
    Red Hayabusa Conversion 2.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • 85-92 320mm Busa Brake Adapter.JPG
    85-92 320mm Busa Brake Adapter.JPG