Fork length

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundguy

Reaction score
My 89 max has raceteched forks that are 835mm axle centre to top, which is a bit short as I'm grinding the headers.
What's your ( free length ) on your forks?
:punk:

with 835mm you are grinding headers? Im sure only when climbing the curb right? The USD usually have some between 750 and 780mm and they don't drag the headers on normal use.

Mine (standard) measure 840 mm from spindle centre to the top of the upper brace. I have a Kerker 4-1 on my bike so that may make a difference as regards scraping the headers but there is no way I could get my bike down low enough to come close to grinding them in a turn.

Chris.

with 835mm you are grinding headers? Im sure only when climbing the curb right? The USD usually have some between 750 and 780mm and they don't drag the headers on normal use.

I have UFO headers. Am grinding the bolts that hold the footpeg bracket, the side stand bolt and the headers before the footpegs touch down.
110/80/18 front tyre.
180/55/18 rear.

Mine (standard) measure 840 mm from spindle centre to the top of the upper brace. I have a Kerker 4-1 on my bike so that may make a difference as regards scraping the headers but there is no way I could get my bike down low enough to come close to grinding them in a turn.

Chris.

Many thx:punk:

thats strange... stock footpegs should always touch the tarmac prior to anything else underneath on a turn.

Back When I had a new 94 with everything completely stock and I was more daring (dumb?) I would scrape the headers quite often. I always hated the fact that I would cause damage just riding hard. I've never scraped them on my 96 or 88 even with the 1" lowered forks and 1 1/2" rear, I'm getting old.

Matt

thats strange... stock footpegs should always touch the tarmac prior to anything else underneath on a turn.

Yeah, but the two bolts that hold the footpeg hanger have taken a good nudge.
The scrape on the headers is 3 inches long, nailed that a few times.
My previous max, nothing touched down......:ummm:

Latest posts

Back