Forum Maintenance Shutdown 8/4/06

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster Hymen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
VMaxForum.net will be down for about an hour on 8/4/06 at 11 pm EST while I switch the forum over to its NEW WEB HOST!!:eusa_dance:
Some of the long times members here may miss the frequent crashes of the current Web host :icon_rolleyes:, but this should end the days of seeing the "Database error" page.:thumbup1: I'll do a complete database backup at that time so that the transition should be seemless:eusa_pray: and no posts will be lost. You don't have to do anything at your end with your browser. Using the URL www.vmaxforum.net will take you to the "new" site. :banana:

You shouldn't be so harsh on the old host. It was as stable as a drunk kitten walking on a razorblade. :rofl_200:

Hope the transision goes smooth for ya buster. Lord knows you could stand to catch a break.

Re: Forum Maintenance Shutdown 8/4/06 -Update

We are now on the new web host. More or less a smooth cut over but there is a few issues. The Gallery is closed until the Vmaxforum.net resolves here and the Garage isn't working properly either. You will see an IP in your URL bar until the name resolves. That is the other problem, I probably won't be able to change the DNS info until Tuesday! DOH!
Let me know of any issues. If your URL bar shows vmaxforum.net, then it is trying to drag you back to the old site, which is still shut down.

Last edited:
I have a first for me. My Earthlink ISP toolbar issues a bright yellow warning "This Web page could be a scam. Proceed with caution". It's never done that before. Here, or elsewhere. Dunno why.

:a014:

No problems loading or viewing (except the warning doesnt go away).

Redux said:
I have a first for me. My Earthlink ISP toolbar issues a bright yellow warning "This Web page could be a scam. Proceed with caution". It's never done that before. Here, or elsewhere. Dunno why.

:a014:

No problems loading or viewing (except the warning doesnt go away).

It is probably because Vmaxforum still resolves to my old host where I have a redirect to this IP. Once I get VmaxForum to resolve to this IP, the warning should go away.

Looks like everything went according to schedule. Great job Buster. I'm sure going to miss those meltdowns. :eusa_dance:

Buster Hymen said:
It is probably because Vmaxforum still resolves to my old host where I have a redirect to this IP. Once I get VmaxForum to resolve to this IP, the warning should go away.

Cool. Glad to see the move. That old Host wasn't the most reliable. This site is growing and getting more active due to your hard work. Thanks Buster!

Latest posts

Back