Forum software upgrade tonight!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster Hymen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I'm upgrading the forum software tonight, Saturday May 3rd. I'll be taking the forum down around 10 pm EST for about an hour. I'll also be adding another dark skin to choose from. The new software gives you your own photo album and the ability to create your own "social groups". The personal photo albums will have to do until I can find good photo gallery software.

:cheers:

:worthy: Thank God, that's done! Well there was certainly some issues with that upgrade. The VMax Dark skin that you are used to isn't working properly :bang head:so you won't be able to use it until I can fix it. Also you can see the reply box looks weird, so I will be working on that. Any ways look around and tell me what else isn't working! :bang head::damn angry:

i feel your pain buster, im trying to decide if i love or hate this new skin. its gonna take some getting used to thats for sure. Hey are you ever gonna increase the size limits on avatars? just wondering ive tried quite a few and they all fail because they are too large and if i do get them working the animated gif's are always stuck on the first pic in the scene

Personally, I have trouble with black backgrounds and white text. The skin looks great but I am using the blue one right now because it's easier on my eyes.

:worthy: Thank God, that's done! Well there was certainly some issues with that upgrade. The VMax Dark skin that you are used to isn't working properly :bang head:so you won't be able to use it until I can fix it. Also you can see the reply box looks weird, so I will be working on that. Any ways look around and tell me what else isn't working! :bang head::damn angry:

Uhm... I kinda like it... Better...:confused2: Less smilies and the buttons aren't square but I like the metallic black look!

i feel your pain buster, im trying to decide if i love or hate this new skin. its gonna take some getting used to thats for sure. Hey are you ever gonna increase the size limits on avatars? just wondering ive tried quite a few and they all fail because they are too large and if i do get them working the animated gif's are always stuck on the first pic in the scene

How about being able to click on someones avatar, like a thumbnail, to enlarge it to get a better look. Or is this already possible and is this what your refering to clintard.

I agree with xsivemaximus, the white letters on black background is hard to read. I liked the yellow better. But the black and metallic looks really good, just not funtional for me. Sorry for the complaints.

How do you change the letter color?

I like the look but the biggest improvement, IMO is the "new posts" button. Thank you!:clapping:

OK, the original Dark skin is back up and working. I also fixed the VMF Links, it now also works :surf:. Clintard, I'll increase the avitar size to 100X100 so the animated gif will work. You can also make the animated gif smaller and then it will work. Well I'm off to bed! :sleep:

OK, the original Dark skin is back up and working. I also fixed the VMF Links, it now also works :surf:. Clintard, I'll increase the avitar size to 100X100 so the animated gif will work. You can also make the animated gif smaller and then it will work. Well I'm off to bed! :sleep:

buster i believe 100x100 is the size limit allowed already, 100x100 or 87kb whichever is smaller, the problem im having is its very hard to find gifs that small and i used an online gif resizer but i didnt have any luck with that either, no biggy tho i dont want to suck your bandwidth like a leech hah

buster i believe 100x100 is the size limit allowed already, 100x100 or 87kb whichever is smaller, the problem im having is its very hard to find gifs that small and i used an online gif resizer but i didnt have any luck with that either, no biggy tho i dont want to suck your bandwidth like a leech hah

Try now, I don't think the kb limit is that low.

I LIKED THE LOOK , BUT I LIKE BEING ABLE TO SCROLL THROUGH ALL OF THE CATAGOERIES TO SEE WHEN THE LAST POST WAS , INSTEAD OF HAVING TO GO INTO EACH ONE TO SEE THE LAST POST ! AND I KIND OF LIKE THE ORIGINAL FORMAT BETTER , JUST HOW IT IS RIGHT NOW AT 12:46 TODAY ! GOOD WORK BUSTER ! WE ALL APRICIATE IT ! :clapping:

Clintard - that avatar is fantastic!

hahaha thanks it took me forever to get it resized and working. if anyone wants to play around you can go to www.giftube.com and find a lot of funny/dirty ones. you cant save them directly from the site but if you take the code they give you to copy, and then backspace out everything but the source website and go there u can save it.

Buster i noticed a problem since the upgrade, I tried a search for R1, USD forks, and r1 front end and all i got back was the same as if i clicked on "todays posts"

Back