forward controls ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I installed a set of reasonable priced forward controls on my 1996 and they work great!
Also, added a AirHawk seat cushion and between those two items, can now ride for long periods without my legs cramping or my butt hating me!
They are machined billit aluminium and cost me about $450 Australian which is something just over $300 US on Ebay, sent from China.

There are some nicer units offered in USA, but the're a lot more expensive if you are just going for the looks.

Attachments

• 20220222_185016.jpg
    20220222_185016.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 21
After searching tirelessly before I had even purchased my 2nd Gen Vmax, I finally found a set of forward controls. I am not sure why this website was so difficult to find but, it is a goldmine for all VMAX modifications. They appear to have almost all of the same parts/mods as Shwabenmax, RAATS, and Exactrep combined and then some.

I am in the U.S. btw and the only pricelist I found is a brochure you download and is all in Euro. If anyone has ever ordered from here before please let me know how your experience was and how to actually place an order...

1664535980062.png
http://www.vmax.bike/new/?page_id=2448&lang=en
http://www.vmax.bike/new/?lang=en

Last edited by a moderator:
After searching tirelessly before I had even purchased my 2nd Gen Vmax, I finally found a set of forward controls. I am not sure why this website was so difficult to find but, it is a goldmine for all VMAX modifications. They appear to have almost all of the same parts/mods as Shwabenmax, RAATS, and Exactrep combined and then some.

I am in the U.S. btw and the only pricelist I found is a brochure you download and is all in Euro. If anyone has ever ordered from here before please let me know how your experience was and how to actually place an order...

View attachment 86082
http://www.vmax.bike/new/?page_id=2448&lang=en
http://www.vmax.bike/new/?lang=en
Got a set from eBay - excellent but I sold the bike - got the kit and sent back but was very impressive. Text me at 505-315-6456 if you want the name and I will look up later…had owned my ‘86 since new….just sold recently due to hip issues…

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah hell im gonna ask
Not sure what the intent of your riding is
For me there is no way I could ride this bike the way I want to with my feet that far forward are you just cruising or are you really planning to dig in for me it would totally change the geometry of the ride
Just curious
Cheers
Peter

I installed a set of reasonable priced forward controls on my 1996 and they work great!
Also, added a AirHawk seat cushion and between those two items, can now ride for long periods without my legs cramping or my butt hating me!
They are machined billit aluminium and cost me about $450 Australian which is something just over $300 US on Ebay, sent from China.

There are some nicer units offered in USA, but the're a lot more expensive if you are just going for the looks.
Hi
Could you give me a site for those
Thanks

Ah hell im gonna ask
Not sure what the intent of your riding is
For me there is no way I could ride this bike the way I want to with my feet that far forward are you just cruising or are you really planning to dig in for me it would totally change the geometry of the ride
Just curious
Cheers
Peter
So, I have been long debating this... I already have a set of those highway pegs that I love and it is a more comfortable way of riding. I tend to immediately move my feet up on them after I shift gears. BUT! When I get on it and want to rip around I feel much more stable and comfortable swinging my feet back on the factory-placed foot pegs. The main problem with the factory pegs is when you stand the bike up they are digging into your legs. I am leaning towards keeping the highway pegs and adding some OTEC Rearsets on to move them out of standing way and allow my legs a little extra stretch on them while shifting/riding hard. I just don't know if the minuscule distance that they move will be worth the investment... I know they are pricey.

Latest posts

Back