Found a new polish

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CustomMax

Reaction score
As some here know, I am absolutely obsessed with keeping my bike "shiney as a new nickel" and I just tried a new polish for chrome, aluminum, brass and stainless. It's made by a company out of Huntington beach Ca named surf city called killer chrome it's guaranteed to be the best you ever used or they say they will buy it back. It's awesome!! Try it and see what you think. Or if anyone has tell me what you thought of it. I'm always looking for the best polishes even if their expensive as long as they work and so far this one kicks ass for my chrome and I use it on my billit after I use mothers billit on it. Best combo to date. If anyone cares..

Thanks for the tip Ed! Huntington Beach is right up the road from me and I'm always on the look out for new products that work too. My last bike had a lot of billet and I found a metal polish that really made my life easier.It's called Bad Dog and here's the link if you or any one else is interested .
http://www.baddogpolish.com/
Mike

I feel what you mean Ed, It was a pain for me to find a good product to keep everything shinny. It's one of the reason why I gave up on keeping so much chrome and went for black :p

I can vouch for Ed's obsession with keeping his bike spotless! At every stop when we rode together, he would break out the polishing cloth and give the bike a quick shine. He's dedicated, and I'm sure knows a good polish from a bad one!

POLISH? I tought im alone here :rofl_200:

You're not alone...I was thinking sausage...:punk:

But seriously folks...as far as chrome/metal polish , I use the cotton-like material that comes in a can , I think it's made by Eagle .

AND for the new Kandy Tangerine paint jobs we just got...:eusa_dance:...I was told by my paint guy to use a good grade spray-on detailer instead of wax as the wax doesn't allow the paint to breath...cant argue with the artist...:worthy:

You're not alone...I was thinking sausage...:punk:

But seriously folks...as far as chrome/metal polish , I use the cotton-like material that comes in a can , I think it's made by Eagle .

AND for the new Kandy Tangerine paint jobs we just got...:eusa_dance:...I was told by my paint guy to use a good grade spray-on detailer instead of wax as the wax doesn't allow the paint to breath...cant argue with the artist...:worthy:

Actually I tried Eagle one as it's called and that to me was more of a cleaner for badly oxidized aluminum and as far as those wadding type of cleaners I found extreme metal polish was the best type of those. But if you have nice aluminum mothers billit is the best I've seen by far. Killer chrome is just a polish I found as a great finish polish after it's clean. My painter told me not to put anything on the paint for at least a month until it fully cures. then wax away. Seriously try this stuff it's made by surf city garage. It blows anything else I've tried away. It makes the chrome look like it did the day it came back from the chromer. I've never seen anything like it. Just try it. You'll be glad you did, I am. Ed

Seeing as you hooked me up with a great color , I'll give this stuff a shot...if I can find it...

Seeing as you hooked me up with a great color , I'll give this stuff a shot...if I can find it...

Seriously, try both for aluminum try mothers Billit and then do the chrome and even the aluminum again with the killer chrome which is made by surf city garage. Let me know what you think. And if you can't find it let me know and I'll see if I can find out where it's distributed. Ed

Thanks for the tip on polish

Here is an example of some I have tried.....of these the Meguiars Hot Rims is the best overall.
polishLarge-1.jpg

F7026.jpg

That's the shiniest F7 pipe I've ever seen....did you polish the tunnel too? I've seen a couple sleds with shined-up tunnels and it looks pretty wild. Lot of work though...

I dunno, the only thing I actually polish on my bike are the Holeshot cans, which I use Mothers polish on and one of those drill powered ball things. The chrome scoops never get dull....when they get dirty from fingerprints/handling, or after riding in the rain, a quick spray-n-wipe with turtle wax "Ice" spray brings them back to a brilliant, mirror-like shine. For my red wheels, I hit them with a 50/50 mix of purple power/water and wipe clean...takes the brake dust and general road grime right off.

The bottle of Ice spray is a great do-all detailer/wax in one.

That's the shiniest F7 pipe I've ever seen....did you polish the tunnel too? I've seen a couple sleds with shined-up tunnels and it looks pretty wild. Lot of work though...

Thanks.....yes the tunnel is polished as well. It is a bit of a pain, but once you start you're locked in till the end.

CustomMax- If you get a chance try some of the Meguiars Hot Rims and see how it compares to the Killer Chrome....hell I'll send you some to try!

Back