Found this on eBay seems like a lot

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the carbs and electrical I think it's a fair price if anyone needed a good engine (and for sure if they wanted to update an older chassis). A good set of carbs should easily sell for $500 if they have good rubbers and don't need rebuilding. Probably more to someone with a bad set.

Sean

I have used Pinwall in my search to return my '92 to the road & have used them for some smaller things. I think they fairly try to represent their stuff, they include far-more pics than most. I have never gotten something from them that was unusable but often their stuff is pretty-rough for the prices I am willing to pay. The nicer stuff they add to the pricing. So, if you are just looking for something you can 'use,' and are not overly-concerned with aesthetics, then Pinwall can do it.

As to that pricing, around here you can buy a running VMax for the $3K you would have to spend to ship that engine to your home if you aren't in-range to pick it up. Then you would have a lot of spares & could re-sell online what you didn't need/want.

I have used Pinwall in my search to return my '92 to the road & have used them for some smaller things. I think they fairly try to represent their stuff, they include far-more pics than most. I have never gotten something from them that was unusable but often their stuff is pretty-rough for the prices I am willing to pay. The nicer stuff they add to the pricing. So, if you are just looking for something you can 'use,' and are not overly-concerned with aesthetics, then Pinwall can do it.

As to that pricing, around here you can buy a running VMax for the $3K you would have to spend to ship that engine to your home if you aren't in-range to pick it up. Then you would have a lot of spares & could re-sell online what you didn't need/want.
Yep,my 04 Pinnwall motor only had 13,200 miles & came pritty rough.Cost me an extra $500 bucks just to clean it up.:bang head: As u can see,it was worth it.:biglaugh:

Attachments

• Pinwall motor 13,200 mi.jpg
    Pinwall motor 13,200 mi.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 23
  • motor 1.JPG
    motor 1.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 25
I've always thought Pinwall was on the pricey side, and their shipping to be far out of line. Little parts that would easily ship first class (so like $2-3), they want $10-$12 to ship. People that do that piss me off and I won't buy from them.

UPS will ship up to 150lbs via standard ground which isn't that expensive. Wonder how much a Vmax mill weighs "with all the trimmings"?

I saw this too, and wondered who would be buying this in America.
But, it is a global market, and it might be worth it to someone.
I have never seen them advertise one in this manner. I'd think they were testing the global market to see if they got any bites.

I've always thought Pinwall was on the pricey side, and their shipping to be far out of line. Little parts that would easily ship first class (so like $2-3), they want $10-$12 to ship. People that do that piss me off and I won't buy from them.

UPS will ship up to 150lbs via standard ground which isn't that expensive. Wonder how much a Vmax mill weighs "with all the trimmings"?
300pounds in a big wood crate.Motor was sitting on a tire witch ad-did more weight.I cleaned up the motor a little for this photo

Attachments

• Just out of the create.jpg
    Just out of the create.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 16
When I bought an eBay VMax engine last year, UPS wanted some ridiculous price like $700 ground freight for a sender-palletized shipment of ~1300 mi. Screw them!

Fed Ex did it from/to a local freight terminal on ea. end, again, customer palletized, for < 1/2 that.

I didn't dig-out the bill of lading to get the exact price/weight, but I think the weight was ~260 lb.

I hate UPS and use them only as a last resort.

I personally have always felt that Pinwall was a bit high sometimes.

G

Agree with you here, 100%......I avoid them like the plague. I would bet ANYTHING that they have parted out "salvagable" bikes, just to make a buck off of them. Everyone knows a VMAX is worth more as a sum of parts than what they sell for all together and running, but it still rubs me the wrong way. Seems like that's all they do. I'd rather buy from a private seller who isn't trying to squeeze every last nickel out of you, like a "business" is going to.........IMHO.

I can sympathize w/your point, "texas_ss" except that the world's 'breakers' as our British friends refer to them, do that w/everything from airplanes to ships to our bikes we enjoy so-much. If I can get my bike on the road because no-one wants to spend the $$ necessary to refurbish the vehicle/mode of transportation being 'parted-out,' then 'on with the wrenches, off with the parts!'

Because I have been able to purchase parts from both private and 'for-profit' entities, I have been able to once-again return my VMax to the road. If I had to purchase only new parts, or parts from totalled wrecks, I likely would-not be able to afford to get back onto the road.

I have bought from Pinwall, and after looking at what was out there at the time I was seeking certain parts, they met my needs at an affordable price for the condition of the parts I was considering. If you saw what crap people try to sell, thinking it has value, you might see this differently.

I am sure you have bought things from people who parted out a car or a truck or whatever because they were not going to spend the $$ to return it to the road, or wherever. If you don't want to buy parts from running vehicles, how can you know if they are any good? Over the internet, that is a leap of faith we all seem ready to take, but Pinwall seems ready to stand-behind what they sell.

If I tried them and got stuck with non-usable stuff, I would probably standing next to you to say, "they stink!"

Back