Frame number

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam61

Reaction score
Went to have a look at a bike today . On looking at the headstock apart from the missing sticker there seems to be only a short number. Im sure its a lot longer than this. And engine stamp has no numbers only 3uf stamped on it.
Shall i just move on or is this all ok?IMG_20230104_103341.jpg

Another UK member - hello!!

My immediate reaction was the welding looks bad so has the headstock been replaced ... but having compared it to mine, it could well be factory.
I don't recognise the frame number format but I'm sure if it is legit, then someone will decode it.

The engine should have a number - are you looking in the correct place?

What's the history of the bike - is it an import or has it been registered in the UK?
If the latter, you can check MOT history on Check the MOT history of a vehicle

It should be 3UFxxxxxx.
That frame # would be a 1993, either US market or Japan/ Oceania (not sure which) and the original colour would have been Dark Violet.
(Source Yamaha model index 1958 - 2008)
The engine # is at the LH rear of the upper crankcase adjacent to the middle gear output shaft.

Cheers guys 3uf is the retricted jap model and yes its dark violet maxmidnight.
Didnt find an engine number only did on a quick hpi check where the number is 3uf9198666555
Found a picture of my last vmax headstock and its 17 digits long and same on original sticker.
I have my doubts so I will not bother going back even if it is legit . Just enquired on a 2 owner 1986 one at a dealer looks immaculate. Ill call him in the morning

Latest posts

Back