Free exhaust modification! Sounds awesome.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, I am kind of new and I don't know how to show pictures outside of my profile yet. Here is a list of what I have done to the stock system, oh and it was all free because nothing was purchased.

1. I very carefully cut off the muffler part of exhaust system right where the second heat shield meets the muffler.

2. I then drilled out the rivets on the muffler cap.

3. I took the muffler cap and welded it on to the exhaust outlet that had been cut. I made sure I had enough weldable metal on the exhaust, about a 1/4" or so.

All in all I am very pleased with the outcome and I will try to post a video of the sound when I figure that out. Coming sooon!

Shorties of the stock pipe, didn't see that before but it could be a good idea.
For the look I find them a little bit too short and I think the finish of the end cap could be improved but it doesn't look that bad, I kinda like it :)
I cannot wait to hear them :)

My friend modified his mufflers like that years ago.

No offence, its just my personal not nessecerly right opinon, but it looked like shit but sounded very good.
Very simple indeed, good work overall.

:punk: Should be loud, Where in Chandler do you live? I'm at Chandler Blvd and Desert Breeze. Kozy lives close also. Later, Spur

:punk: That's maybe 10 minutes away, have to have a beer some day. Later, Spur

:punk: Hey, we have Photo Radar in Arizona. If you are going to ride like that, remove the plate on the back of your bike first. They won't question that and then they don't know who to send the ticket to. Ha Ha, Spur

Back