FREERIDER stuck in East Texas W/ an 85 max for sale.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FREERIDER

Reaction score
Oh man, Im danm near stuck in woods. Not completely "stuck" but not trusting in my truck to make the 1400 mile trip home with the trailer loaded.

Does any one in the East to West Texas area have a good truck, prefibly a dodge deisel, they could sell me. I guess my credit isnt good enough to fienace a newer trcuk so Im in a rock and a hard place here but have some cash to work with.

The folowing is also in the classifieds.
I found and bought an 85 Max here in East Texas on my trip to the family reunion. The problem is that Im now having truck troubles with my 98 GMC 1500. Stupid computer controlled timing. I need to lightin my load for the trip home.

The bike 95% there. Its missing the side covers for the gas tank and the fuax tank cover. Its in rough shape but all the 85 parts are there. Pegs, wheels and what ever else.

I didnt bring the cable to download pics to the computer but I could text pics to you if interested.

1,500 OBO.

If Im gonna sell this bike I need to do it here real soon. Im in East Texas around Lufkin. 100 or so miles north of Huoston.

Please email @ [email protected]

Last edited:
NEVER MIND THE ABOVE AD FOR A BIKE FOR SALE, cause it aint no more. Im keeping it. Unless some one really wants it. Not meaning money but in heart. Cause it is "another" project that I cant get to without getting in the way of others.

The full story of this bikes perchase to come latter when I dont have to sit in truck close to my nieghbors house using his WiFi.

FREERIDER: Sounds as if you're having a week like mine. I'd write up the whole thing but it pisses me off to even think about what's gone bad this week. I'm stuck in Florida or I'd be there to help you. I have a mechanic brother based in Texas, but he a long haul trucker since the economy is in the toilet. He's in Montana right now. No Help.

Good Luck, Be Safe

Dave

Hey man,

I haven't been on the site in a few days, but I'm just north of you in Longview (about 100 miles). Only help I can be though is to give you this guy's email address in Dallas that likes to rebuild maxes.
[email protected]
This guy in dallas has a 97 I'm trying to work a deal for with my 85. I just can't swing the financials and timing right now (i could've a month ago) :( He says he's always interested in a Vmax to fix up.
I'm headed out of town tomorrow and won't return until friday. If you still need some help then maybe we can figure something out.
Now if you've got to leave it in storage for awhile, I have family in Nacogdoches that could help with that, but no one I know down there has an extra truck and all my car connections up here are just that, cars.
Robert

Back