Friend died in car crash

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

likembikem

Reaction score
A friend I worked with has died in a terrible car wreck. He was returning from a Dr. appointment where he got cleared to go back to work after knee surgery. He came upon road construction and had to stop when a flagman stopped traffic. There was one car in front of him and weather was clear and dry, highway was nice and straight. They were painting lines on the road. A vehicle from behind never slowed down and pushed the bed of his pickup into the cab and forced him into the steering column. He was a big guy and this was an S-10 and somehow like that he was still partially ejected. On life support with broke neck, back, legs and brain bleeding and not able to live without life support. This was the next day after two D.O.T. people were killed in west Tn. This was a D.O.T. 'involved' accident, and yet only one local news paper has just a brief account of it. No mention of circumstances or who or what involved. But this guy "Scott Cutshaw" was a really first class guy that helped people in need when he really couldn't afford to. I have witnessed him fix a janitor lady minivan by having her a transmission put in and a rear window, nearly $1k! He would tell me about so and so needing help but being about broke himself and I told him he helped a lot of people but he couldn't help everybody and not take on everything. He was doing nothing wrong Wednesday, just stopped by a flagman at a road work area, like we all have done. Now he's gone. They kept him alive until just a little while ago but he actually died in the wreck and never regained conciseness. Anyway, thought I would tell you. TTYL Mark

To be clear on what I have said, D.O.T. was not the cause, but were there.This would be a good time to stress people slow down in zones where signage and flagmen are present. Also he usually drove a full size extended cab truck, still not sure why he was in the S-10.

Wow, so-sorry to hear a good guy & your friend lost his life in a needless traffic accident. I hope they run a toxicology report on the other driver. I hope it wasn't 'distracted driving,' either. Unless the other driver was seizuring or something, they should go to jail.

I was just coming to an intersection, here in Miami and a terrible accident was being attended-to. A Peterbuilt or Mack-sized dump-truck was buried nose-first into a commercial CBS-constructed building, up to the windshield. Several other vehicles were involved. I suspect someone turned left in-front of oncoming traffic, and the truck made a panicked change-of-direction to avoid hitting someone broadside or head-on and ended-up embedded into the building.The road was blockaded for hours, usually a sign of a fatality.

I'm very sorry to hear the sad news of your friend.
I have heard a lot of accounts where this type of 'accident' happens and as such I always slow down early when approaching any congestion areas and keep an eye of vehicles behind (bike or car), I try to visualise an escape route if needed and keep a large distance between myself and the obstruction in front, I know it's easier to say but I keep it in mind in case it could ever help me

Word is getting around the person that caused this was under the influence and had been several prior driving under the influence arrest and license taken away. This was the facebook of the local police dept. Thanks for all your condolences. Julian is correct, leave an escape route. Taking the ditch would be better.

Well now I do know; the person responsible for this is charged with vehicular homicide and driving under the influence third offense. Also drug possession and a few more things.

So sorry to hear of this accident and the death of your friend. I was happy to read further down that the guy that caused it will be charged.

My condolences. I'm sorry your friend's life had to end this way. The POS that hit him should never be allowed to drive again. After, he gets out of jail that is. We got slammed a few years ago in similar circumstances. Totaled my Silverado and banged us up badly. PT for as long as insurance would allow. I never took a passenger on my Vmax again after that.I'm not sure we'd have survived the hit if on a bike.

Thanks all. Yea the perp has multiple charges including vehicular homicide and no bond. Third DUI. My buddy usually drove a full size extended cab but was in a small S-10. I don't know why that is. The road was so straight with signs and a flagman, someone would have been killed eventually. This was a little after 3 in the afternoon. His brother in law died a couple months ago, so family is still dealing with that. Plus his daughter hit a damn deer on the way home the night they took him off life support and destroyed her car! The burial site, from what I hear is really out in the sticks and with bad weather coming I doubt the funeral car will be able to get there, probably 4 wheel drive. Sounds crazy but it would be a good resting place. I plan to go there too. Thanks again to all.

Sorry to be redundant in some of the things I say, I keep saying the same things in my mind over and over too.

It's difficult losing a friend. My condolences go out to you and everyone involved. I personally have spent my life with death of friends as an all the time thing. Being around it has numbed me to the after effects of it. Involvement with the Military and 1% MC's. It has been a weekly or daily occurrence… Your Friend is in a better place, May he RIP....

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Scott Cutshaw. It sounds like he was a truly kind and generous person, always willing to help others, even when he was struggling himself. The fact that he died in such a tragic and senseless accident is deeply unfair, and my thoughts are with you and all those who knew and loved him. It's especially hard to understand and process the accident since we don't have much information about the circumstances or parties involved. It's important for the family of the victim and their loved ones, a personal injury lawyer can help navigate through this difficult time and ensure that justice is served. If you or anyone you know may need assistance, you can reach out to Houston personal injury lawyers for guidance.

Last edited:
Sorry about the loss of your friend, I lost my brother 4 months ago my brother was only 58 and has two young daughters, I'm still struggling with it it's hard but we have to keep moving forward

Last edited:
.... why are people of all a sudden responding to a post made over 3 years ago? Why did you not post then instead of waiting 3 + years?

.... why are people of all a sudden responding to a post made over 3 years ago? Why did you not post then instead of waiting 3 + years?
Did it occur to you that maybe people made a mistake and didn't realize it was 3 years old, maybe they thought it was a new post, besides whether it was yesterday or 3 years ago he still lost a friend.

Imagine my surprise when I found out I was the original poster! Hard to believe 3yrs. Anyway, as hard as it is to believe this; the drunk driver goes to jail and the friends family told him he was on the wrong path. When he gets out of jail contact them and they will pay for tech school and make something positive out of the situation for him. Not sure I could do that.

Back