Front and Rear Stand for 1st Gen Vmax Pit Bull

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenreesesr

Reaction score
For those that may be interested, I will be posting info on a new set of Pit Bull stands for the 1st Gen Vmax. I've been working with Pit Bull using my 2003 Vmax as a template to create a set of stands for the bike. The Cobra Slash Cut exhaust has created a challenge, but Pit Bull has been more than willing to put a proper set of stands together. The rear stand will use the swing arm for support, and the front will use the hole at the bottom of the steering tree. Pit Bull has gone above and beyond in an effort to properly make these stands, and I should have the final product within two weeks. At that time I'll post pictures and a video. Just to be clear. I'm not on the Pit Bull advertising team. I'm just very impressed by their customer service, their willingness to work with me on this project, and the prototype stands that are leading up to the final product. Kudos to Pit Bull.

I already have pit bull stands that work with the gen 1. BUT, maybe one dedicated set of stands vs the universals will work better anyway.

I'd also definitely be in for a set of these so any news is appreciated :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I'd also definitely be in for a set of these so any news is appreciated :)

Yes, they work great. I'll post pictures in the next couple of days. The people at Pit Bull were great to work with, and designed a set to work with the 1st Gen Vmax. Nothing like getting it off the ground for maintence, cleaning, and storage. I'll also give you the contact person at Pit Bull.

Yes, they work great. I'll post pictures in the next couple of days. The people at Pit Bull were great to work with, and designed a set to work with the 1st Gen Vmax. Nothing like getting it off the ground for maintence, cleaning, and storage. I'll also give you the contact person at Pit Bull.

Sweet!! I'll order a set :)

Will you be able to remove the front forks easily with this stand? Does the stand cross over in front of or behind the fork legs?

Will you be able to remove the front forks easily with this stand? Does the stand cross over in front of or behind the fork legs?

Front stand goes into the bottom of the steering head, and allows plenty of room to work.

Front stand goes into the bottom of the steering head, and allows plenty of room to work.

Most operate that way. If it crosses in front of the fork assembly it will be difficult to remove in one piece. Do you have any pics?

Most operate that way. If it crosses in front of the fork assembly it will be difficult to remove in one piece. Do you have any pics?

Here are some pics. I bought the bike with cobra slash cuts on it with the center stand removed (thus the reason for the Pit Bull stands). Center stand will not fit with Cobra slash cuts. I find the easiest way to put the bike is rear stand first (this is a must). You need to maneuver the stand so that the contact points are properly positioned on the swing arm. I found it easier to sit down behind the bike, and once positioned, just pull down on the lever. Front stand is self explanatory. I will try to do a video of the lifting procedure. BTW - it takes about 30 seconds to put the bike up, and it is rock solid. Couldn't be happier with Pit Bull for working with me on this.

Attachments

• pitbull2.jpg
    pitbull2.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 50
  • pitbull3.jpg
    pitbull3.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 50
  • pitbull4.jpg
    pitbull4.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 49
  • pitbull5.jpg
    pitbull5.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 48
  • pitbull1.jpg
    pitbull1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 45
Good looking stands. Have you gotten a price yet?

Not to be a smart ass but other than removing wheels easily, what is the benefit of a set of stands?

For guys with a Kerker its a nice option for cleaning wheels, in my case I'm interested in having one at the track so I can warm the differential up before actually going down the dragstrip...

Not to be a smart ass but other than removing wheels easily, what is the benefit of a set of stands?

In my case it's everything having to do with getting it up in the air. With no center stand, this becomes the answer for me. Removing the wheels, storage over the winter months, cleaning the bike, working on the bike in general, checking the oil level. The list goes on and on. I can't imagine not having this ability. I also can't imagine owning this bike without the support of this forum. It's all part of the fun of owning and working on, or fiddling with this bike. I was lucky enough to find this Vmax, and I love keeping it in perfect condition. The stands are part of the process that allow me to do so.

Good looking stands. Have you gotten a price yet?

Pit bull is generally a little more expensive than other stands. I think both stands totaled around the 300.00 mark. Very high quality, and for me they are absolutely worth the cost.

Back