Front Brake

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad Max

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had my front brake lock-up on me to the point that the wheel was locked.Any ideas why? Ihave bleed the system and now no fluid out of the bleed nipples .This is a new res and master.

I had my front brake lock-up on me to the point that the wheel was locked.Any ideas why? Ihave bleed the system and now no fluid out of the bleed nipples . This is a new res and master.
Why is it a new res and Master?
What brought that on?

Stuck caliper and/or degrading brake line. Mine did the same thing. Take caliper apart and clean piston really good. Then replace brake lines. I prefer steel braided but OEM will work too. Rubber brake lines can deteriorate on the inside and not let fluid release when you release the lever. I had this happen on two cars also.

I had my front brake lock-up on me to the point that the wheel was locked.Any ideas why? Ihave bleed the system and now no fluid out of the bleed nipples .This is a new res and master.

Did you flush the old fluid out of the system when you changed the master? Brake fluid will absorb moisture and over time can turn to micro steam under hard braking. This can cause the caliper to lock up. Also recommend doing a reverse bleed on the brake lines to push any air up towards the master. See Fire-medic's post here: brake bleeder syringe to make

Latest posts

Back