Front End setting too high

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats the air pressure in the front forks? If you use pressure, and dont have progressive springs....etc...

Would probably be obvious when you pull the top plug out, the spacer should be 1/2" - 3/4" above the fork (someone correct me it that's wrong, it's just where I set them for comfort)

And if you go that far you might as well pull the springs out and see what they are.

Also, be sure to loosen the top triple clamp, otherwise it'll pinch your cap bolt.

There are pics on here somewhere showing OEM & Progressives side by side. The Prog. are tighter wound with a larger wire size.

No fluid will be lost if you pull everything out slowly letting it drain back into the fork.

The obvious is just sliding your fork tubes up or above the upper triple tree one inch and re tighten a triple tree bolts to spec. Ride it around like that and see if you like that.
20 minute job maybe?

Are the rear shocks stock? If not they might be shorter than stock and that's why the bike sits that way.

Otherwise I would agree that the front spacer may be too long.

Latest posts

Back