Front end wobbly

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the bike back from the new tires being installed. Wow, tall about night and day!! Front end looseness is gone and the bike feels way tighter overall.

Went with shinko tour master. Stock up front and 170 on the back

Downside is I have to take the bike back. As I'm making this post standing next to the bike I see they mounted the front tire backwards. :rolleyes:
I started doing my own tires and using Dyna beads for balancing, years ago. Many shops just don't take the care an owner would. And it's fairly easy with the tie wrap method.

That video is the one I followed. I should have mentioned the proper way to tighten the head bearings. Sorry, I'll be more specific when posting from now on.
THX -

Nope. it was definitely backwards. Already picked it up from them fixing it. If a younger, inexperienced tech did the tires I can see how he could have made the mistake. The front and rear tire have the same tread, but the sipes are supposed to point forward on the back tire and backward on the front tire. He mounted them so the tread faced the same way, but ignored the arrow on the sidewall that indicated the correct direction.
Facepalm

Good thing is that it only affects the bike in the rain when it's mounted that way.

Back