Front Fork Air Pressure

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had similar experience recently.

I bought mine in August - rode it home 120 miles with 0 psi, stock springs - scary on turns....

bumped up to 12 psi - much better...

swapped out stock springs with progressives (0 psi) - way better - a little bouncy @ 35 mph on a hot summer day...

replaced existing fluid with Amsoil synthetic ATF - reduced bounce @ 35 mph 80% gone, still some bounce on a hot summer day...

then it dawned on me! waited for next hot summer day, rode a few miles, till I felt some bounce @ 35 mph - stopped and let out the built up pressure - THATS IT

nice ride, no dive, good absorption on bumps, no bounce issue, good 2up handling - haven't looked back...
Torco 20wt Fork oil.

It's tricky. My compressor's gauge starts at 10. I think I put about 12 PSI in there.

I'm chasing down a high-speed wobble problem and trying anything at this point. One person said they installed Progressive springs and the wobble completely went away. I'm looking at them now, but hesitant to spend $80 on them.
Dont be cheap when it comes to safety

It's tricky. My compressor's gauge starts at 10. I think I put about 12 PSI in there.

I'm chasing down a high-speed wobble problem and trying anything at this point. One person said they installed Progressive springs and the wobble completely went away. I'm looking at them now, but hesitant to spend $80 on them.

There is an old saying that says 'you can't polish a turd'.
Whilst you can polish OE springs their performance will be barely adequate.

Changing to a progressively wound or fixed rate (my vote goes for the latter) and setting them up properly will make a huge difference. Adding Gold Valve Emulators will complete the job.

Regarding the weave, have a look here.

If you google "no loss air chuck" there are lot of sources for tools available to allow precise no loss adjustment of pressure in small volume chambers without helping Jeff Bezos. These adapters allow the use of your compressor or nitrogen or some other gas. The small pump might be your preference but there are other options.

https://www.toolsource.com/air-coup...tqwRNDaMjPhgILX4DEFVVSiwRQXGXEGhoCEIMQAvD_BwE

Back