Front forks question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

Smallz700r

Reaction score
Hey guys, for a stock 92 front fork set-up, is this normal for front end to compress and rebound this much just from throttling on and off? Seems super soft I’m 215 lbs and I know that side needs a fork seal… thanksimage.jpg

maleko89

Staff member
Reaction score
My '89 with stock forks/springs bottomed out like that all the time. The stock springs are the biggest killer of fork seals, IMO.

Mark

Reaction score
I did progressives last week using the drop-in method (don't do this if you've lowered with the tubes, you'll take the radiator out!), 1 inched lowered with AFT for oil, no air, was sceptical but seriously well pleased and deffo the best value upgrade for Gen1, now the old tech tyres are the limiting factor and I know this after getting into a powerslide towards a rockface doing 50ish 🙄

Anyone UK based got a 17inch wheel up for sale!?Spring 1.jpg Spring 2.jpg Spring 3.jpg Spring 4.jpg Spring 5.jpg

JMax92

Reaction score
Had the same problem with my ‘92, plus speed wobbles. I had leaking seals and so my bike was not holding pressure in the forks. I would re-pressurize the forks and after a couple of days they were soft again. DO NOT USE a tyre inflation kit to pressurize your forks, you need to be careful not to over-pressurize.
I stripped my forks down, serviced and replaced all seals, have had no problems since. Set air pressure to your weight and riding style.
Or you could get progressives that don’t need air pressure.
Good luck.