FRONT FORKS

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like my squashy skinny front forks on my '91', it gives a nice comfy ride over rubbish roads, my little KTM390 Duke is like riding a brick in comparison by how harsh the suspension is and many complain that even they are too soft, perhaps peoples ideal suspension set ups are based on the roads they ride, most of ours are bumpy or potholed

Understand the reasoning here, but if Yamaha were as good as people who decry mods would have you believe, we'de still be buying gen 1s...
You have to remember, all makers have designers who'd like to take years and years to complete product development, taking on any improved materials and practices that happen along, but the head office will want the model in the showrooms asap, so modding an old model with newer bits isn't as daft as it sounds.
You mean we would be buying reworked Gen 1's,,and they would have sold FAR better than the Gen 2.

I rode a friends KTM once.

Once.

I appreciate it's a fine motorcycle, but my God it nearly uncoupled what little is left of my spine in just 4 miles.

The R1 fork mod with proper fork rebuilding, racetech gold emulators and springs for the weight difference will make the bike handle better and alllow a 17” front wheel at a
Less expensive cost which will
Also increase the handling performance. I am in the process of doing one and have had the 2” extensions to maintain the ride height. They also allow my six pot Sumitomo’s to be transferred over. I believe with the +3 swing arm amd kyb adjustables off a zrx1200 my bike will handle substantially better. Also running radials with 2 17” wheels will definitely increase handling. The adding of a r1 rear caliper and the six pots up front with all braided lines will stop better than any stock vmax

Latest posts

Back