Front swap

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poolio

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone swapped out the front forks and used the ohlins from a Ducati? Curious if I had a set of trees made for it if there would be any issues. Length, spring rate because of the bikes weight difference. Love the look of an inverted front end and the gold look from Ducati

Unless you extend the downtubes with slugs, or get 'gullwing' custom trees, or get longer custom-made downtubes, you will lose cornering clearance. Just measure the prospective donor bike from the top of the triple tree to the centerline of the axle. Compare that to your VMax measurement, that's what you need to make-up. Remember that a bare front end unladen by static weight as mounted to a bike will be longer than when on the bike.

FM has good points. I am using 2” fork extensions and have 11” rear shocks, I have a nice low and level stance, and can clean my 190 rear tire in the corners. It is damn close though. I might raise my bike a little more this winter to give a higher stance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FM has good points. I am using 2” fork extensions and have 11” rear shocks, I have a nice low and level stance, and can clean my 190 rear tire in the corners. It is damn close though. I might raise my bike a little more this winter to give a higher stance

I suggest using 3-1/2" extensions and 12" rear shocks. Because of he angle of the front downtubes with the slugs,, your height difference-added at the front will be a bit > 1" added to what you have now. You want to add an inch in the rear too. Those 11" shocks should be 12".

I suggest using 3-1/2" extensions and 12" rear shocks. Because of he angle of the front downtubes with the slugs,, your height difference-added at the front will be a bit > 1" added to what you have now. You want to add an inch in the rear too. Those 11" shocks should be 12".

Perhaps. I don’t mind the stance, and it handles well. Wouldn’t mind being up a little more like already stated. What’s your front set up?

I have a '92, so it's the smaller tubes and sliders, and triple trees. I fitted a '93-up 43 mm front end, Race Tech springs, Superbrace, and RICOR damping discs. Radial tires made the biggest difference.

I have a '92, so it's the smaller tubes and sliders, and triple trees. I fitted a '93-up 43 mm front end, Race Tech springs, Superbrace, and RICOR damping discs. Radial tires made the biggest difference.

Nice set up

Tree’s aren’t cheap!! Wow. I’m 6’5” and if it lowers it i wouldn’t like that to much. The look is just awesome though. Thanks for the knowledge and ideas

Tree’s aren’t cheap!! Wow. I’m 6’5” and if it lowers it i wouldn’t like that to much. The look is just awesome though. Thanks for the knowledge and ideas

Yea, unless you figure out where you want to sit and plan accordingly it’ll be a pavement pounder.
6df3a5b1c3382c3c7491aa26f296b7bd.jpeg

Back