Front Turn Signal Suggestions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dafish2

Reaction score
Broke a "Stalk Thingie" I sort of hated the OEM jiggle anyway. Any suggestions for a clean alternative that mounts well and connects up w/o any real hassles?

Thanks guys!

-d

This what I did with mine...Halos in the scoops. They don't hinder air flow at all and are much brighter than stock making the you and the bike more visible.

Attachments

• 20210526_170927_resized.jpg
    20210526_170927_resized.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 20210526_170936_resized.jpg
    20210526_170936_resized.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 20210526_170959_resized.jpg
    20210526_170959_resized.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 26
I don't want to be "Debbie Downer", but I've tried everything reasonable to reach Mike. Text message, phone call, email, and facebook message. Stone silence. Not sure what to think of that. I guess I hope he's well and all.

Anybody have any details on creating a DIY halo kit?

Mike is fighting severe back issues. Mike is a great guy. Mike had also expressed serious supplier issues and loyally refuses to use the Chinese junk. That said I am very pleased with my led signals and running lights mounted in my radiator side covers from Mike Lee’s Starrider Performance

Attachments

• E949A126-3B43-4DE8-A6C9-3ED5DFEDFAC3.jpeg
    E949A126-3B43-4DE8-A6C9-3ED5DFEDFAC3.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 19
Mike is fighting severe back issues. Mike is a great guy. Mike had also expressed serious supplier issues and loyally refuses to use the Chinese junk. That said I am very pleased with my led signals and running lights mounted in my radiator side covers from Mike Lee’s Starrider Performance
Do those halos have the turn signal function in them?

As I'd said, I hope he's OK. Shame he's having back problems. Mind you I've two broken vertebrae at this moment. I can still type, even answer a phone. But whatever, it's not like he owes me anything. I suppose I'll just move forward creating a set with chinese parts and accepting the trial and error of it all.

1Bad, would you like me to share what I do with you?

Mike offered to walk me through putting together a set on my own but I told him I'd wait as I had no desire to 'take money out of his pocket' and I'd wait for him to put together some kits. That was a few months ago and I haven't heard anything back from him yet.

I did look into some switchback 'Halo' LEDs that would provide turn signal functionality also and you can find Chinese-made sets for about $20/pair for the 70 and 80mm sizes. I found 'Made in the USA' sets that run $80/pair for the 70mm and $100 for the 80mm...I'm all about patriotism but that costs about $150 in this case.

Having not seen Mike's kit I'm curious if anyone has any pictures of it before installation. I'm curious if ithas the LED drivers that most of the switchback 'Halos' seem to have and, if so, how did he wire them and where did they connect to make them plug-and-play?

You can find 3-wire and 4-wire and you'd really only need to wire to the parking light for the, well, driving light function, one wire to the turn signal power and a ground. I just don't know how he wired the harness to make it an easy install.

Mike offered to walk me through putting together a set on my own but I told him I'd wait as I had no desire to 'take money out of his pocket' and I'd wait for him to put together some kits. That was a few months ago and I haven't heard anything back from him yet.

I did look into some switchback 'Halo' LEDs that would provide turn signal functionality also and you can find Chinese-made sets for about $20/pair for the 70 and 80mm sizes. I found 'Made in the USA' sets that run $80/pair for the 70mm and $100 for the 80mm...I'm all about patriotism but that costs about $150 in this case.

Having not seen Mike's kit I'm curious if anyone has any pictures of it before installation. I'm curious if ithas the LED drivers that most of the switchback 'Halos' seem to have and, if so, how did he wire them and where did they connect to make them plug-and-play?

You can find 3-wire and 4-wire and you'd really only need to wire to the parking light for the, well, driving light function, one wire to the turn signal power and a ground. I just don't know how he wired the harness to make it an easy install.

You can buy splitters...no cutting on either the stock turn signal wire or the main harness.

Attachments

• Splitter.jpg
    Splitter.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 14
Back