Front tyre handling

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunrunner

Reaction score
Today took the day off work , weather outside wasnt the best but stuff it .
Me and the missus decided to head to the coast for lunch (120kms return) , as it was cold and wet we rugged up and took off . A couple of times the front wheel started to slide and its not much funny especially with a pillon on the back . Now this happened twice within 5 minutes on wet road and wasnt on the white lines .
The Max is stock as are the tyres . Is this normal and if not what is the best way to eliminate it :ummm:

Either you have a large wife taking the weight off the front end.
Or you have a POS front tire

She is very well endowed in front if you know what i mean , nothing like a good neck support when youre riding

:eek:h yeah:

haha nice! is it like one of those neck pillows ya get on a plane?

If it slides, time to replace. My ME880 started doing that so replaced a couple of months ago. I can break REALLY hard now and no slides.

If it slides, time to replace. My ME880 started doing that so replaced a couple of months ago. I can break REALLY hard now and no slides.
My stock slid a few times just after I bought the Vmax. Luckily I had read on here that stock tire were not the best, so with my infinite knowledge I went out and bought bridgestone excedra's. The rear wasn't too bad, but the front acted funny from about 2k miles on. I replaced it over the winter with a shinko 110. Hopefully the shinko's will give me better service.

My stock slid a few times just after I bought the Vmax. Luckily I had read on here that stock tire were not the best, so with my infinite knowledge I went out and bought bridgestone excedra's. The rear wasn't too bad, but the front acted funny from about 2k miles on. I replaced it over the winter with a shinko 110. Hopefully the shinko's will give me better service.

Thats what is on the front at the moment , tread is getting down on it tho .
So wont be far from a replacement .

Any ideas on what brand to get ?

I have never tried a ME880 or a lasertec, both of which i have heard great reports on. The shinko tourmaster sounds like viable lower cost option, so that's what I'm trying ATM.
I'm sure that someone with more experience with tires will be able to give some finer points of one tires strengths vs another. What type of riding do you do the most?

Any tire over 6 years old should be replaced. The give off voc's constantly and after that amount of time, they're usually pretty dry and stiff. My tire supplier won't give me credit for casings that are over 6 years old, too dangerous to re-cap. I've got tires on some of my equipment that is much older than 6 but they have 4 or 6 and won't kill ya when one goes away.

I have never tried a ME880 or a lasertec, both of which i have heard great reports on. The shinko tourmaster sounds like viable lower cost option, so that's what I'm trying ATM.
I'm sure that someone with more experience with tires will be able to give some finer points of one tires strengths vs another. What type of riding do you do the most?

I usually dont ride it that hard , shifting between 5-6000 rpm , but when i have a long straight road and have 5 or 6 to overtake vboost comes in to play .
The majority is on the straight open road . :punk:

Latest posts

Back