Front wheel rebuild help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVxNitemare

Reaction score
Please help I am putting all new parts in my 1985 wheel that I got and I am confused. The spacer is smaller than the inside diameter of the wheel. Is that normal? As wheel there is a spacer flange that goes in and I'm wondering does it slip over the spacer, butt up to it, and which side goes toward the bearing smooth side or the other side? Pics attached thanks
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433197915.329904.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1433197941.179189.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1433197979.846253.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:bang head: Ha, I realized that after I replied. I checked the parts diagram, but it is absolutely no help. Seems like the lip should face to the inside, towards the spacer.

Not the best pic (wouldn't let me upload the full size one).

This is the order the parts go in on the rear wheel. The front is similar and uses a similar "spacer" whose sole function is to keep the end of the inner bushing from falling down making axle installation more difficult.

Attachments

• Wheel Internal Parts (2).bmp
    272.4 KB · Views: 50
Yes, at one end. The washer do hickey can be left out completely but the end of the bushing falling down unsupported will make getting the axle in a bitch.

I waited three weeks for that washer lol it's going on
Thanks Sean for the help again
If you ever come to Newfoundland look me up I owe you a night out lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the info, guys! I just replaced everything in the front wheel of my '93 and was a little weary on that flange spacer. (Washer do hickey...Too cool! ) Great pics to go along with the information, WVxNitemare. Thanks again, this really helped!

Latest posts

Back