Front wheel/tire suggestions?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NixToy

Reaction score
Hello all, I want to get a wider tire on front of my Gen1. I've put a Kosman mod on rear so I can run radials. Want a custom aluminum to match up front. Any suggestions on wheel suppliers, tire sizes (17 or 18" ?), and tire models?

Picture of your Kosman. Sandy made a number of different patterns. I have a very few available (no shaft drive wheels but might have a front).

It was a long time ago. Don't know what the style was called. It's glued & screwed

Attachments

• 20220618_082041.jpg
    20220618_082041.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 33
It was a long time ago. Don't know what the style was called. It's glued & screwed
Very rare for the bolt up's. I had one a long long time ago. Haven't seen another come through the shop in a decade at least. And never had a front through here as it was even rarer to get done.

Want wider to track better on nasty PA roads. Thin kinda gets caught in grooves & fissures. Plus tire selections. And I want something to match to the Kosman rear wheel instead of stock black. Looks like most are going to 17" sport bike rims, but I wouldn't be opposed to a custom polished design.

I've got the exact same rear. Got it from Sean many years ago. Finding 18" radials for stock front to match the 17" rear is getting tougher every year. I think you may have to look for a 17" conversion.

Want wider to track better on nasty PA roads. Thin kinda gets caught in grooves & fissures. Plus tire selections. And I want something to match to the Kosman rear wheel instead of stock black. Looks like most are going to 17" sport bike rims, but I wouldn't be opposed to a custom polished design.

I can understand your logic but not sure if that will achieve your aim if I'm understanding posts 4 - 6 here.
The thread also suggest consequences for the handling whitch would seem to be unpredictable.

I guess it would be best if you could have a reply from someone who has gone down that route to get their feedback before committing your hard earned?

I have went with 17" Dymags and coupled with other suspension mods the bike can go round corners far better that I can.

Hello all, I want to get a wider tire on front of my Gen1. I've put a Kosman mod on rear so I can run radials. Want a custom aluminum to match up front. Any suggestions on wheel suppliers, tire sizes (17 or 18" ?), and tire models?
Thunder cat 17. A lot of speedo gear grinding or purchase one that has the nut showing. Disc brake caliper mounting on right caliper need grinding and a thin shim washer against the spacer was required after the pieces were reassembled loosely, ridin around bloc and retorqued and finally fender tabs trimmed.

Back