• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: '03 Vmax, 19K, Excellent Condition, Nice Mods, Carbondale, IL -SOLD-

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFleshRocket

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the copy-and-paste from my Craigslist ad:

For sale is my '03 Vmax. It has 19,7xx miles on it as of this posting. I used to have a '98 and it was the only bike I've sold that I missed. Last Spring, my wife somehow agreed to let me purchase another Vmax, and I ended up with this beauty. You're probably wondering why I'm selling after just a year of ownership if it's such a great bike--my wife, in a momentary lapse of reason, let me buy a new '14 Vmax on the condition that I sell the '03. As bad ass as the '03 is, the '14 is the old Vmax turned up way past 11.

This Vmax has a bunch of costly mods that really improve the overall experience. I'll detail the more important ones:

--UFO StreetPro 4-2 Full Exhaust. This is a full exhaust which replaces the headers and the mufflers. The headers are the main restriction--changing out just the mufflers nets you more noise but not really much more power. The UFO mufflers are outrageously loud, like wrath of God, making the Harley guys cover their ears. My riding buddies became my not-riding-with-me buddies. So, I reached out to UFO and bought a set of their 1.5" end caps and 1.5" baffles, down from the stock size of 2.5". It was enough of a change that the bike still has a healthy bark but is no longer offensively loud. In fact, it sounds just plain awesome. However, if you feel like your ears aren't bleeding enough, I've got the 2.5" end caps and baffles too. http://planetvmax.com/85-07vmax/exhaust/#!/UFO-StreetPro-4-2/p/15357383/category=3613423 and http://planetvmax.com/85-07vmax/exhaust/#!/UFO-SBD-End-Cap/p/15381324/category=3613423

--K&N and jet kit. Gotta have that stuff to run right and make optimum power.

--UFO Maxdaddy 18" rear wheel. The stock 15" rear wheel doesn't have any radial tires available for it, which means you're stuck with crappy bias ply tires. The 18" rear wheel allows for a radial tire, and then the front can be mounted with an 18" radial as well. This Vmax has Bridgestone radials, front and rear. The end result is greatly improved handling. http://planetvmax.com/85-07vmax/wheels-brakes/#!/UFO-MaxDaddy-Rear-Wheel/p/15357968/category=3613431

--Braided steel clutch and brake lines. Provides crisp clutch and brake feel; never wear out.

--T-boost. This switch lets you keep the Vboost at 6000rpm, or have it engage at 3000rpm, or turn it off entirely. Once you get used to having the Vboost kick in at 3000rpm, you'll want to keep it that way. It makes the bike much punchier in the midrange.

--Six-piston front brake calipers with Dunlopad HH+ pads. The stock calipers are 4-piston. They provide decent stopping power, but a heavy cruiser needs something more substantial. These calipers are from a mid-'90s FZR1000. I refurbished them before installing them--all new seals and bolts, and a thorough cleaning. I matched them up with Dunlopad's HH+ compound pads, which provide great stopping power, almost no dust, and no noise. The calipers are rare and hard to find, and the rebuild kit ain't cheap, either.

--Progressive fork springs and a UFO fork brace. Helps keep the front end under control for improved handling.

--Bikini windscreen. Provides just enough wind protection.

--Polished clutch and brake reservoir covers, and Kuryakan grips. Nice stuff to make it look pretty.

--Bullet turn signals. Unlike most crappy aftermarket signals, these are nice and bright, but not big and ugly like stock.

--UFO taillight. Better looking than stock, and still nice and bright.

--Lowering seat. You sit about 2" lower than stock, but the bike maintains the stock ride height so you don't have to worry about scraping on stuff. I'm 6'4" and originally thought that the lowering seat wasn't for me, but after a couple rides, I was hooked. I felt like I was sitting more inside the bike than perched on top of it.

--Highway/crash bars. Rest your feet on them for a cruiser-like riding position.

This Vmax is in excellent condition. The paint is nice and shiny. The engine paint, which almost always is worn away and looks like crap on most Vmaxes, is still in great shape. That said, this is a 12 year old bike, so it's not perfect. Most notably, the rear fender has some scuffs from a dumbass shipper putting a strap over it--the stripe was relaid but the fender still has some blemishes. However, it's only stuff you'd notice if you looked closely. Some touchup paint, Toyota paint code 3R3, is included.

First-gen Vmaxes are prone to having clutch problems or second gear issues. Mine has neither. The clutch grips like it should--no shuddering, no slipping, just smooth engagement and disengagement. The transmission shifts smoothly and has never skipped a tooth or dropped out of gear. This Vmax has a sump full of Amsoil synthetic--always the good stuff in my vehicles.

I don't have any of the stock parts--they didn't come with the bike. Okay, I do still have the 4-piston calipers, if you want those.

Shop around--other Vmaxes that are priced close to this one won't have nearly as many of the high-dollar mods that this one does. Sure, you could buy a mostly-stock one for less money, but good luck duplicating these mods for anywhere close to this money.

I do hate to part with this Vmax but being forced to choose between it and a Gen2 means that I've got to find it a new home. I'm confident that the next owner will get many enjoyable miles out of it.

Pics forthcoming momentarily.

Re: FS: '03 Vmax, 19K, Excellent Condition, Nice Mods, Carbondale, IL

That's a great looking VMAX, I was in the same position recently, had to sell my 1st gen to help pay for my 2015, but I still got to keep half a dozen others. LOL. I didn't see a price mentioned, might help your cause. Good luck with your sale! :punk:

Nice pics showing details I personally would find a friend with a garage and park it there wife's don't need to know everything anyway nice looking bike for sure GLWS !!

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"

Price?

Did not see a price or link to the Craigslist site, that might have the asking price..
BTW,, GLWTS..

$5500
http://carbondale.craigslist.org/mcy/4980991393.html
00O0O_aQkRT7GvTWx_600x450.jpg

Clean bike, and lotsa mods for the price. Someone's gonna be happy.

Nice pics showing details I personally would find a friend with a garage and park it there wife's don't need to know everything anyway nice looking bike for sure GLWS !!

+++++++++++ 1 to the nth degree.

Yup, $5500. Nice detective work, Firemedic.

Had a guy come look at it today, says he's coming back with cash tomorrow night.

'99 VFR800, '08 1125R, '06 1050, '03 Vmax, '03 DRZ400

OK hope it sells for you.

Yup, it's gone. Time to order exhaust for my '14.

'04 Cobra, '94 Caprice SS Wagon
'08 1125R, '05 Speed Triple, '03 Vmax, '98 VFR, '03 DRZ400

Back