• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

[FS] 1989 VMX12 in SoCal

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wister

Reaction score
Hello All, I am trying to finish up my project bike (see the last picture) and this one needs to go. Currently it spends 29 days of the month under a cover in a garage on a battery tender and has been this way for the past 1-2 years I am sad to say.

The Basics
- 32k miles
- Clean Title
- Registered until April
- $3000

The Good
- No 2nd Gear Issues
- New Gold Wing Yuasa on 8.09.14
- Individual K&N Filters
- Stage 7 Jet Kit
- Dale Walker HoleShot Exhaust
- 80% on front and rear tires
- Crimp fixed
- R1 Coil on Plugs
- New style Regulator/Rectifier
- HH Front Pads 50%
- 100 miles on Rear Pads
- New paint in 2014
- New seat in 2014
- Heated Grips
- ZX14 Radial Master Brake Cylinder
- Clutch and Brakes bled 100 miles ago

The Bad
- Stock Clutch Master (ZX14 master was leaky)
- Other than the seat and airbox cover, it shows its age
- Filters aren't pretty and could use a cleaning
- Tank covers and side scoops have rock chips

You get the tender and the cover; the bike has bullet LED signals, normal flash rate. It came with drag bars and steered like garbage so I replaced with the black dirt bike bars; it was what the local shop had and I was impatient and didn't want chrome. The HoleShot mufflers were completely cored with no insulation, I swapped them out for the ones on it now to make it civil. Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested, bike is located in LA County.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 91
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 96
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 115
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_8717 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_8717 - Copy.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_8719 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_8719 - Copy.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_7516s.jpg
    IMG_7516s.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 74
You know, I don't think I recall seeing other pics relocating the stock taillight to the seat rear reflector area, I like it there!

I am a firm believer in 'the more-visibility you provide of your bike to the side and to the rear, the more-conspicuous (and therefore, the more-safe) you are.' Some guys will shrink in abhorrence from the relocation, but I think it's a natural. The license plate looks better then, too. :punk:

I bet "$$-talks" on this bike, sounds like a motivated seller, and a cash-offer could get someone a good starting point w/a solid ride (from his description).

The taillight was in its current location when I purchased the bike, I was unaware that it was not the stock location. I agree it does put the plate in a better position and shortens the rear end. I am considering an LED conversion back there to make it even brighter/more noticeable.

Crap, man. Why do you hafta be in LA??? I'm working up funds for a Max, and Firemedic is right - you've got her priced nicely. Plus, it sounds like you've done most of the hard work already. I rode dirt bikes for the first 10ish years of my riding history, so I'd be right at home on those handlebars! :p

Too bad LA isn't closer to Tennessee. :(

I don't know who is more sorry about the distance, you or I! Tried to price it fairly, and I think it's about right, but as most people have said the market seems to be soft. May need to wait 6 months but by then I will probably put it back up to $3500.

Back