• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conman

Reaction score
I'm testing the waters to see if there's interest in my '88 with 2nd gear on its way out after 42k miles. Looking for $900, will be parted out if there's no interest.

Good:
It's extremely clean and well taken care of, runs/drives/shifts flawlessly aside from issues mentioned below
Good Metzeler tires (~50% rear, 80% front)
New Odyssey battery
Paint & chrome are excellent with the exceptions mentioned below
Almost exclusively highway miles

Bad:
2nd slips then bites then slips on hard accelleration
Not charging (goes on battery tender after every few rides)
Paint gouge on rear fender that PO seems to have covered with red nail polish? (fits under a dime)
Clear coat on top (black) half of scoops isn't too good

Basically, I'm keeping OEM accessories and aftermarket performance parts to put on the next Vmax in the very near future, so the bike will NOT come with:

carbs
rest & rack
engine guards
chrome light & blinker covers
windshield
Marks Exhaust (will include stock headers, don't have muffler)

I can take more pictures on req. One is of current state and others are more reflective of included parts.

Thanks,

Connor

Pics

Attachments

• vmax.jpg
    vmax.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0047.jpg
    IMG_0047.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0049.jpg
    IMG_0049.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0110.jpg
    IMG_0110.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 70
You might contact PCW Racing in Schenectady NY. They build Vmax race engines, and the inside of the shop looks like about 50 Vmaxes exploded and left parts everywhere.

You might contact PCW Racing in Schenectady NY. They build Vmax race engines, and the inside of the shop looks like about 50 Vmaxes exploded and left parts everywhere.

I don't plan to have it rebuilt. I'd rather have a post '93 bike. I'll be headed there with my next max to have them tune it to my current exhaust and carb setup though.

I bet Ryan was saying they would probably be interested in it for parts, but probably not at your price.

RaWarrior said,

I don't plan to have it rebuilt. I'd rather have a post '93 bike. I'll be headed there with my next max to have them tune it to my current exhaust and carb setup though.

I bet Ryan was saying they would probably be interested in it for parts, but probably not at your price.

RaWarrior said,

Gotcha. Yeah, I'm thinking if I decide to part it out I'll just leave them the leftovers and take it off my bill if they're interested in it.

Are the Pics current?

Not really. I took these a few days ago though. They're all current in the sense of the bike's condition though. No new damage or anything.

Attachments

• IMG_3536.jpg
    IMG_3536.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3537.jpg
    IMG_3537.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3538.jpg
    IMG_3538.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3539.jpg
    IMG_3539.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 24
Should have been more specific about keeping performance parts .....the muscle kit and entire intake system will not come with the bike

Back