Fuel from needle jet at idle? WTH????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad this came up, reading plugs ties in nicely with carb tweaking. It's also an aspect I have been putting on the back burner while I pay more attention to road testing.

I would be interested to know if anyone has seen empirical evidence that support the assertion of the pic indicating different regions of the plug represent different carb circuits, even to a small degree. It seems to good to be true. I'm still bent on getting a sniffer but this is interesting.
This is why i asked him to post pics of the plugs on the 2nd page.
Also set his float height on the 1st page.

This is why i asked him to post pics of the plugs on the 2nd page.
Also set his float height on the 1st page.

pics on a computer screen of spark plugs are useless for troubleshooting unless theyre pig rich or dead lean (ie: heavy carbon fouled or burnt clean). you would be able to see oil fouling or perhaps fuel wet fouling. you loose the shading in the rendering on a screen. You also need a magnifier to see whats really indicated. You would need a macro shot in order to put anything of value on the internet and then youre still dealing with rendering and lighting.

asking what the plugs look like when the fuel is pouring around the needle jets is also pointless. I didnt waste my time pulling them but i can say with confidence they were pig rich black....:icon_rolleyes:

float heights had already been set to one or more of the specs given in any one of the several manuals i used when you asked.

you didnt tell me anything i didnt already know either time and quite frankly, neither question was of any help so i didnt bother responding to them.

pics on a computer screen of spark plugs are useless for troubleshooting unless theyre pig rich or dead lean (ie: heavy carbon fouled or burnt clean). you would be able to see oil fouling or perhaps fuel wet fouling. you loose the shading in the rendering on a screen. You also need a magnifier to see whats really indicated. You would need a macro shot in order to put anything of value on the internet and then youre still dealing with rendering and lighting.

asking what the plugs look like when the fuel is pouring around the needle jets is also pointless. I didnt waste my time pulling them but i can say with confidence they were pig rich black....:icon_rolleyes:

float heights had already been set to one or more of the specs given in any one of the several manuals i used when you asked.

you didnt tell me anything i didnt already know either time and quite frankly, neither question was of any help so i didnt bother responding to them.

You should be a little more appreciative of someone taking their time out to try and help. I have helped many members on this site, sent parts free of charge and have had very many thank me personally. When I see 15 pages of a thread where someone hasn't solved a problem it concerns me and I do what can.You obviously have it all figured out yourself and know it all so you dismiss the input. The site is about helping members out not putting them down----Sorry to have wasted your time------I'm out.

You should be a little more appreciative of someone taking their time out to try and help. I have helped many members on this site, sent parts free of charge and have had very many thank me personally. When I see 15 pages of a thread where someone hasn't solved a problem it concerns me and I do what can.You obviously have it all figured out yourself and know it all so you dismiss the input. The site is about helping members out not putting them down----Sorry to have wasted your time------I'm out.

Thats the underlying issue. EGO.

not breaking my heart any.

despite what you might think, you didnt add anything buddy, so i didnt respond. now youre trying to make something out of it. all you were adding was noise. might as well asked if the left tail light worked or if there was oil in the sight glass.

it was 15 pages of me working through my problem, or a journal if you prefer. if i had enough interet in making a "blog", it would probably be there instead of here and you would have been spared your "anguish".

heres a point to consider: most "great guys" don't feel the need to point out how much of a "great guy" they are. they just do what they do and move on. no credit required.

but by all means, feel free to keep pointing out how much of a "great guy" you are.

go fan your ego, drop attempts at "i told you so", hawk products or make thinly veiled insults somewhere else. im not interested.

now drop it and we'll each go our own seperate ways and tomorrow will be a better day.

ciao.

I'm glad this came up, reading plugs ties in nicely with carb tweaking. It's also an aspect I have been putting on the back burner while I pay more attention to road testing.

I would be interested to know if anyone has seen empirical evidence that support the assertion of the pic indicating different regions of the plug represent different carb circuits, even to a small degree. It seems to good to be true. I'm still bent on getting a sniffer but this is interesting.

probably a subject better adressed in its own thread instead of buried under my rather obscure thead title.

would probably get more relevant traffic that way,.

Really happy to hear the tuning is so close. Please dont forget to post the final config once it's all dialed in.

If it gives you anymore trouble you should just get rid of it, I'll come get it and maybe I can also go see Sunnyvale trailer park in person. My kids would be impressed :clapping:

Really happy to hear the tuning is so close. Please dont forget to post the final config once it's all dialed in.

If it gives you anymore trouble you should just get rid of it, I'll come get it and maybe I can also go see Sunnyvale trailer park in person. My kids would be impressed :clapping:

lol, those guys started in woodbine trailer park in beaverbank (dated a couple girls when i was in HS who lived there), then out by cow bay by the old mental hospital and finally had to build thier own park/set because they wanted to do too many wild things. like blowing things up.

I don't know if the park/set they built is even there any more.....im not positive, but i think the province made them haul it all away when they closed down...

not breaking my heart any.

despite what you might think, you didnt add anything buddy, so i didnt respond. now youre trying to make something out of it. all you were adding was noise. might as well asked if the left tail light worked or if there was oil in the sight glass.

it was 15 pages of me working through my problem, or a journal if you prefer.

heres a point to consider: most "great guys" don't feel the need to point out how much of a "great guy" they are. they just do what they do and move on. no credit required.

but by all means, feel free to keep pointing out how much of a "great guy" you are.

go fan your ego, drop attempts at "i told you so", hawk products or make thinly veiled insults somewhere else. im not interested.

now drop it and we'll each go our own seperate ways.
And """""""" are easily identified too BUDDY.
When you feel the need to put someone down it must be because you feel they are above you. Separate.

Last edited by a moderator:
EGO.

At the very least Bobs message was for you. At the very most....both. Most people wouldve said ok...and moved on, but EGO gets in the way of that.

Thank you for the professional evaluation Eric, highly appreciated.
Now can you let the guy get back to his bike and you yourself get over it.:clapping:

He's basically done with his bike....you and I are carrying on a friendly conversation about EGO.

Keep it to yourself -Just an instigator. It was none of your business as usual.
You are again blocked.

Latest posts

Back