fuel injection

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxattack

Reaction score
Sean,I heard that you are selling injection systems for vmaxs now.

Bill Warner in FL is the US distributor for the EFI set up..he had it at Thunder to demo how it looks. go to Tecno-bike web site in Belgium for a pic of it.
He is still learning about the ins/outs of it himself to answer future questions. i think he said 3450 is the price.

davidon said:
Bill Warner in FL is the US distributor for the EFI set up..he had it at Thunder to demo how it looks. go to Tecno-bike web site in Belgium for a pic of it.
He is still learning about the ins/outs of it himself to answer future questions. i think he said 3450 is the price.

Is it worth it to spend $$$$ while the bike has the same tubular frame?
I am amazed that not one alternative frame was made for the max in 20 years? how much would a lighter frame coast? Not the OCC frames.
I heard the people put the vmax engines on go carts in Nevada.
________
Toyota Corolla E120 history

Last edited:
firefly said:
I am amazed that not one alternative frame was made for the max in 20 years? how much would a lighter frame coast? Not the OCC frames.

I believe that PDQ in Great Britain used to make a frame for the V-Max. I have not heard from them in several years so I am not sure they even exist anymore.

Any of you folks in the UK still have contact to them?

I have seen quite a few of these systems over here in Germany. With the exception of 1 person, everyone I have spoken to about them has been very positive. They are completely programable too.

The price from Tecno-Bike is ?2700.-. That is about $3460.00 at today's exchange rate. So if someone is offering them in America for that price then it is the same retail as in Europe. Remember that whomever is getting them to the US also has to pay shipping and possibly import tarriffs.

Tecno-Bike (www.tecno-bike.com) in Belgium is also a distributor of these systems. The actual builder/developer is also from Belgium but I'm not sure if he is affiliated with Tecno-Bike.

Here's a picture of the system.

Stenten1.jpg

firefly said:

What's wrong with a tubular frame? Ducati still uses them for some of their bikes.:rocket bike:

I thinking he was talking about the fact that in 20 years nothing was done to ride the bike of the frame flex.

While there are aftermarket solutions, you would think that in that time a manufacturer would do a little something right?

But that is also part of the Max's appeal in my eye's. They felt it was basicly good enough to not screw with it for that long. Or they could have just been too damn lazy, I don't know. :confused2:

Buster Hymen said:
What's wrong with a tubular frame? Ducati still uses them for some of their bikes.:rocket bike:

I think Ducati took the only feasible approach to using a tube frame by going to a "Trellis" system......
Triangles are inherently rigid.....
Plus it looks cool.......

Bill Warner at Wildbros is selling this injection system out of florida.He had a vmax with it on it at thunder this summer.

$3450

What kind of performance gains over stock can one expect with one of these injection setups?

I might be interested in one if it makes a decent performance improvement!!

(I have actually been tossing around ideas on how to fabricate an intake manifold, and install a GM throttle body fuel injection system on a VMAX...)

What kind of performance gains over stock can one expect with one of these injection setups?

I might be interested in one if it makes a decent performance improvement!!

(I have actually been tossing around ideas on how to fabricate an intake manifold, and install a GM throttle body fuel injection system on a VMAX...)

I saw a write up about that very thing (GM TB), and now I can't find it :damn angry: Lot of dirt buggies around here run them and make them work with ease.

:cheers:

Neil

Bill Warner at Wildbros is selling this injection system out of florida.He had a vmax with it on it at thunder this summer.

$3450
:eek::th_signs132:

To what, eek out maybe 1 or 2 more HP? Aside from the "WOW" factor F.I. is a pain in the rump to tune and -ALTHOUGH- it is not as finicky as a naturally aspirated mill it will leave you stranded when it pukes not to mention what it costs and takes to fix it. I was toying with the thought of taking the Megasquirt that I built and installed on my BBC powered '72 Chevy C-20 pickup and after alot of tweaking and tuning and finally pitched it in favor of a Q'jet and HEI, and put that on the Max with a set of low-Z 22PPH injectors but decided not to. I have been doing the F.I. chit for a long while and I cannot justify the expense for the meager performance (usually just bottom-end drivability) improvement for the exhorbitant cost and labor-intensive efforts that these usually entail.

Call me "Old Skool" but I love simplicity.

Last edited:
:eek::th_signs132:

To what, eek out maybe 1 or 2 more HP? Aside from the "WOW" factor F.I. is a pain in the rump to tune and -ALTHOUGH- it is not as finicky as a naturally aspirated mill it will leave you stranded when it pukes not to mention what it costs and takes to fix it. I was toying with the thought of taking the Megasquirt that I built and installed on my BBC powered '72 Chevy C-20 pickup and after alot of tweaking and tuning and finally pitched it in favor of a Q'jet and HEI, and put that on the Max with a set of low-Z 22PPH injectors but decided not to. I have been doing the F.I. chit for a long while and I cannot justify the expense for the meager performance (usually just bottom-end drivability) improvement for the exhorbitant cost and labor-intensive efforts that these usually entail.

Call me "Old Skool" but I love simplicity.

I think Bill said the FI gave him 10 more HP over the flatslides he was running. After fucking around with my carbs all weekend, I'd take FI over carbs.

Back