Fuel Issue: Rocking Reserve Switch back and forth

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karmakatt

Reaction score
I was riding a few days ago and my bike started to have problems . As I gave her throttle she'd stumble and sputter. It was at that point I switched over the reserve switch and she picked up for a while than she'd stumble again. :ummm:

If I keep switching back to regular tank and then to reserve she holds for a bit but than starts to sputter after 100 feet or so. I checked my Air Box and all seems good. No excessive fuel or smell. Also, my fuel light just came on. I have a buddy bringing me fuel later but this started just before the light came on and I've not ran out of fuel before. Usually there's more than enough time to get to a gas station. I also took off the gas cap thinking maybe that'd help, nope.:confused2:

*Any suggestions would be great.*

Any chance you had left the switch in the RES position and ran totally out of gas? Other than that it could be the sensor in the bottom of the tank. :confused2:

Thx for all the good tips fellas. I was fortunate enough to have a buddy drop off some fuel and low and behold it seems to run fine. Logically, it points to me switching the fuel reserve on early and suffering as the light came on. I changed the letters on the reserve switch too say: Use this first idiot and when you see the light, use this one. DOLT with s capital D...

LOL...Its a learning experience...Someone else in the future will have the same question, and you can say...did you do this first????

I remember that it all started when a cager was coming off the line hard and I thought no way pal. My mind was in a hooligan place which sometimes puts the other part of my mind in limbo, obviously
LOL!!!

Back