Fuel Level Sender Unit R & R

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vmaxattacks

Reaction score
Can the low fuel level sender thermistor assy. be removed fairly easily without removing a bunch of crap?

Mine took a dump and I need to replace it.
Thanx,
Bud

It's pretty easy if you don't have stock mufflers. Just drain the gas and remove.

Yep just done one about 2 weeks ago.
Capt Kyle Ted from Vancouver Canerda On start the low fuel light comes on and when the tank runs all the way to empty with no light or fuel pump cutout. does not matter where the on/reserve switch is any help would be great.
The 95 Vmax manual has no photos or instuctions at all

Yep, either remove the tank or the mufflers. I have new and used senders on hand.
Ted from Vancouver Canerda On start the low fuel light comes on and when the tank runs all the way to empty with no light or fuel pump cutout. does not matter where the on/reserve switch is any help would be great.
The 95 Vmax manual has no photos or instuctions at all

The sender is on national backorder. Try one2dmax. He sold me one recently.

Last edited:
After pushing my Vmax twice to the gas station, I dropped the fuel sender. The bike was on a double rail ATV jack and easy to get to the sender. It was a weak solder joint. I reflowed the solder and reinstalled. Works great now. Try to remove ALL the gasoline with a syringe, turkey baster, vacuum etc....

After pushing my Vmax twice to the gas station, I dropped the fuel sender. The bike was on a double rail ATV jack and easy to get to the sender. It was a weak solder joint. I reflowed the solder and reinstalled. Works great now. Try to remove ALL the gasoline with a syringe, turkey baster, vacuum etc....
Try to remove ALL the gasoline with a syringe, turkey baster, vacuum etc....

When someone suggests this, please bear in-mind, they DO NOT mean to use a power-vacuum, like a shop vac! They mean something like a Mity Vac, or one of those garage vacuums specifically designed for removing fluids which does not use electricity:

https://www.amazon.com/OEMTOOLS-243...sed-search-10&pf_rd_t=BROWSE&pf_rd_i=15707821
This one does not specifically-mention use for gasoline, so check for compatibility of whatever type you may consider. Using something like a shop vac could cause an explosion! Remember it's the vapor which explodes, not the liquid. Ethanol is between 3.3 and 19, and gasoline is between 1.2 and 7.1 for % at-which it's flammable.

OEM Tools fluid extractor.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back