• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Fuel Pump 1999 Vmax 1200 Wanted

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grislyadam

Reaction score
My Fuel Pump has just gone tits up leaving me a tad stranded. Looked on e-bay and not quite sure about the foreign ones (I know - must get out more....). £90 at D&K Staffs (second hand) on these shores but wondered whether any chaps had one lying about in their garage as a spare that they need to shift ? Can Paypal you or whichever format you desire. Cheers, Adam.

My fuel pump went on me while travelling in Mexico. While looking on ebay, I noticed that a lot of other used fuel pumps from other manufacturers looked similar. I found one from a Honda (can't remember the exact model) and ordered it for about $30 shipped to me. It has been working fine for me for about 8 years now. I remember having to reroute the rubber fuel lines a bit but it was an easy swap.

Some have luck with the cheap ebay pumps. I do have plenty of good used OEM pumps though if needed.

Hi Every body, just a question wahat voltage should I have feeding the fuel pump on a VMax1200 1991

It's a 12V system but it's not uncommon to lose voltage through the wires and relays. With the bike running battery measured voltage will typically be 13-14V and I would expect at least 12V making it to the pump.

Back