Fuel Pump constant clicking

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ost85vmax

Reaction score
So I have read up everything on this fuel pump issue. I have taken the pump off the first time to find the infamous diaphram had came out of its little cavity. I replaced it and reinstalled the pump. Seemed like it did help for a couple of cycles of the ingnition. It actually built pressure and would stop running. Then back to square one, EVERYTIME i turn the bike on, it will cycle its 5 seconds or so. Sometimes it cycles fast some times its slow but either way it happens everytime. I took the pump out again to find the diaphram in the correct spot but slightly pulled out. Replace it and now again back to square one. The bike runs fine. Possibly after a long cruise at say 80 and then gettting on it it sometimes seems like it falls on it face for a second but otherwise it really runs nice. Any advise to what do look at next? I am thinking of replacing the fuel lines in case of a pin hole leak and if that doesn't solve it then trying a new pump. Any suggestions would be great.

Oh I also have checked the vent line coming from the tank and it is clear..

Anyone have a good set of fuel lines for sale?

If the diaphram is staying in place, the pump is building pressure, and you simultaneously are having issues with the bike falling on it's face, I'd say you have other issues besides a faulty pump. If you had a pin hole leak, I'd think you'd see gas dripping some place. You should be able to get some stock fuel line hose just about any where automotive supplies are sold. Simply carry a piece in to match up with the right size. Cut to fit.

Latest posts

Back