Fuel pump Diaphram

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadV-Max

Reaction score
:bang head:I jsut pulled my fuel pump apart for the 2nd time in 6 mo. and the small center diaphram has came out again. Yes its a easy fix, does anyone have a more permanent fix without replacing the fuel pump? thankyou for yor timea and coments, MadV-Max.

:bang head:

Im interested in this as well. Would a little bit of permatex or something similar to keep it in place mess anything else up?

Not sure guys. Maybe if you can swell the nipple or shrink the hole it fits in?? It needs to be able to move and flex

:punk: I like swollen nipples and shrunk holes, that's funny stuff right there. Spurs

:punk: I like swollen nipples and shrunk holes, that's funny stuff right there. Spurs

:rofl_200:

Seriously now. I just got stranded with my stock Vmax. First time ever on a Vmax:ummm: It broke down in front of a Honda dealer
rofl_200.gif

Its the fuel pump I'm pretty sure. Clicks like crazy and engine idles on choke but dies when given throttle.

This diaphragm isn't available?:bang head::bang head:

Can I put the diaphragm back in and get my bike home?

if you get it running/prime the pump will it do to get you home? or nipple needs to be in place all the time?

i just had that issue but mine was not out of place just lost prime from not being run for 4 months, pump does not run long enough to bring it up to the pump, so opened it primed and no issues.

but was thinking of installing a primer or bulb pump after the pump or somewhere and that would pull up into the pump to prime.

as for swelling the rubber best stuff is getting a little Jet B or naphtha, reeks havoc on rubber, swells it up nice, and funny thing is if you leave it over time it comes back to size. might help out short term anyways.

if you get it running/prime the pump will it do to get you home? or nipple needs to be in place all the time?

Iv never had the pump apart. I did test to verify flow but its not pumping now.

I don't like this. I mean I don't have a problem fixing or replacing the fuel pump. But having my bike sit somewhere I cant see is driving me nuts at the moment. And it looks like rain.

Back