Fuel pump FUBAR

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juri Worms

Reaction score
I have been working on a full remodel on my 2002. Took the speedometer off as well as the other dial cluster and installed an aftermarket tach.
Now I realized that the fuel pump only works when in the RES position and won’t supply fuel when in normal.

the question here is WHY? Any ideas?

The pump energy flows through the circuit with the dash bulb. You at least need to keep that bulb and the simplest way to do that is to hide the old one somewhere if you aren't going to use it.

The RES position is a force on regardless of the fuel level or condition of your sending unit.

Better stereo speakers in home systems used an incandescent light bulb as a fuse. Bulbs turn up in some interesting places.

A low-wattage bulb in a closet acts as an inexpensive dehumidifier, and it helps to keep the trouser wrinkling gnomes away.

1960's Ducatis, which were mostly singles, ran their electrical system through a light bulb, and the battery wouldn't charge if that bulb was burned-out.

Back