Fuel pump keeps clicking

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leecifer

Reaction score
Looking for some help. My fuel pump keeps clicking until it times out or something every time I cycle the key. I think it's supposed to quit clicking when the bowls are full but mine doesn't. There is no gas smell or leaking as far as I can tell. :ummm:

are you having issues starting the bike?

it seems to have lost its prime, i had that once after winter, i took off the fuel line at the pump, filled it with fuel then rehooked it all up and it worked normally, stop clicking when bowls were full. looking at the flapper valve as rhoy suggest is will be the issue if you cant get it to stop clicking.

The pump is supposed to stop clicking after 5 seconds even if not building pressure.

There are TWO of those tiny rubber valves in each pump. You probably have only one of them displaced. IF both come out, the pump won't put enough fuel to the carbs to keep the bike running. With just one out of place, it seems to be able to keep up, but clicks a whole lot of the time the bike is running.

Easy to disassemble, and fairly easy to push the little rubber diddy back into it's holding place.

I think mine has been doing it again this past week, and I forget to take it apart after I get it home from work in the evening. I may have a go at it again this weekend.

I tried cycling the key today and it seemed to work fine but sometimes it doesn't so I took it apart anyways and those little rubber things were in place so maybe I just lost prime. I'll check it again tomorrow.

once carbs are full it wont click anymore when you turn the key on, only while its running but hard to hear it then

Rode this weekend and had no problems. Maybe just lost prime because it stops clicking after two or three clicks after sitting over night now. Thanks for the advice everyone. :punk:

I had a tiny hole in the fuel hose between the tank and the pump (just after the filter) and the pump would always suck in a tiny amount of air, it would keep pumping bubbles to the carbs - ever try drink through a straw with a hole in it??

Give your fuel line a quick once over to make sure there's no perished spots

Latest posts

Back