fuel pump relay needed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamster66

Reaction score
Does anyone have a reasonably priced fuel pump relay for sale or have one I can borrow to see if that's why my vmax won't start?
New fuel pump (pumps gas when the hose is disconnected on the carb side) max runs if you add gas or carb cleaner to the carbs.
When the key is turned on, it clicks (fuel pump) a few times but that's all.
If you turn if off for a few minutes then back on, it will click a few more times.
Did the shotgun, replaced a cracked slide, all 4 new fuel/air screws.
At my wits end

Does anyone have a reasonably priced fuel pump relay for sale or have one I can borrow to see if that's why my vmax won't start?
New fuel pump (pumps gas when the hose is disconnected on the carb side) max runs if you add gas or carb cleaner to the carbs.
When the key is turned on, it clicks (fuel pump) a few times but that's all.
If you turn if off for a few minutes then back on, it will click a few more times.
Did the shotgun, replaced a cracked slide, all 4 new fuel/air screws.
At my wits end

Are you looking for the 6 prong black box under your left scoop?
It sounds like your fuel pump is working correctly.

+1 sounds like your pump is doing its job.
it should click a few times, just enough to fill up and pressurize the bowls.

all 4 new fuel/air screws.
Do you smell raw fuel at the tail pipe when trying to start it??
Yes = Your cylinders are getting fuel.
No = Your new screws are not seated correctly or no fuel getting to the plugs.. (I have mine set too 2.75 turns out, from closed position)

Since you stated "
max runs if you add gas or carb cleaner to the carbs.
Your plugs are firing. Doubt it's an ignition issue. Sounds like a fuel delivery problem.

other than the possibility of the relay only working "part of the time" what else could be starving it? I did the shotgun already...and the bowls when I drained them didnt seem to have a lot of gas in them

and the bowls when I drained them didnt seem to have a lot of gas in them
I guess that depends on what is considered a lot.. I'm trying to think of a container that most can relate too. I didn't have a metered glass at the time.. I get about 3/4 full of a singe Shot Glass out of each bowl. Also, did you smell raw gas from the pipes when trying to start it??

Latest posts

Back